Waterproof Duffel

I use the kuiu taku bags and they work extremely well, they don’t claim waterproof but water resistant, I’ve never had anything get wet on the inside. I use em for family trips getting tossed on the roof rack is any weather, and hunting trips on muddy wet trails on the quad, jet boating you name it

To help answer your question, what kind of base camp do you have where water got into your stuff? I do a lot of river trips and most dry bags will likely serve your needs just fine unless you are backpacking in somewhere and need lightweight solutions to your problem. If that's the case check out Sea to Summit ultralight dry bags.

I have an older version in XL which is actually smaller (164 liters) than the L version in the link above.

Simms Dry Creek Duffel - XL - Greystone​

Simms Dry Creek Duffel - XL - Greystone.png

Last edited:

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
Watershed is the best. I think I have 4 of them now. I got another one from caribou gear which is actually pretty good but the watershed ones are better.

Nothing is perfect though, that ultimate weatherproofness means access is slow. I end up trying to get excess air out of them, then sealing that ziplock top THEN rolling them down and buckling them up dosent make for quick access.

For that reason I like a cheaper bag with a zipper for the things I’m going to want throughout the day. Like raincoat, puffy, food, stove, etc. camp gear and clothing, bull food etc go in the watershed bags where they can just sit tight until I’m stopped and camping.
Is that the Koyukon Gear duffel you got from Caribou Gear? How’s it holding up? Just haven’t seen much online about them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is that the Koyukon Gear duffel you got from Caribou Gear? How’s it holding up? Just haven’t seen much online about them.
Its been Ok, I actually used it quite a bit over the past few seasons with no issues, it hasn't torn or leaked. Id probably buy again.

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
Its been Ok, I actually used it quite a bit over the past few seasons with no issues, it hasn't torn or leaked. Id probably buy again.

I have Watershed and SeaLines when I need them, but a zippered duffel with backpack straps would be awfully nice. The Patagonia Black Holes get a lot of attention (that big opening looks nice), but the robust features and higher water resistance of the Koyukon are pushing me that way.