Weatherby has forsaken it 270

OP
RMB518

RMB518

FNG
Agreed
But lets take this out of context
If Chevy started manufacturing alternators for Toyota trucks while Chevy branded alternators were unavailable... this is how it feels to me.
I also only buy an alternator once a decade.

CorbLand

WKR
Agreed
But lets take this out of context
If Chevy started manufacturing alternators for Toyota trucks while Chevy branded alternators were unavailable... this is how it feels to me.
I also only buy an alternator once a decade.
If no one was buying Chevy vehicles and that is what Chevy needed to do to survive, then that is what Chevy would do.

Bad analogy.
Why on Gods green earth would you put anything Chevy in a Toyota?
*sarcasm, kind of.

jimh406

WKR
Don't confuse dead with not-trendy. There are far too many calibers to list that don't get press any more. Still, they are being used. Nobody needs to ask about them since they just work.

OP
RMB518

RMB518

FNG
If nobody is buying... the free market should shutter the company doors.

Yea my daily driver is a Toyota truck but I do have a special place in my heart for the GM big block.

OP
RMB518

RMB518

FNG
The 30-06 is neither trendy or high performance... would be suitable for most game, never hard to find ammo for
I have one but haven't taken it to the field in years.

The 30-06 is neither trendy or high performance... would be suitable for most game, never hard to find ammo for
I have one but haven't taken it to the field in years.

And it probably sells 1000+ rounds for every 1 270 weatherby, so it's worth having on the shelves.

CorbLand

WKR
If nobody is buying... the free market should shutter the company doors.

Yea my daily driver is a Toyota truck but I do have a special place in my heart for the GM big block.
Unless the company adapts to what is being bought…

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I rep Weatherby and the 270 Wby is NOT going away. They have been waiting on brass for several months, so haven’t been able to load it. Their support for their cartridges is very good and they will have more 270 Wby ammo out soon.
Thanks for the input!

RobDP

FNG
I have faith that Adam Wheatherby will not forsake his grandfather’s inventions and he will do everything possible to ensure that the company remains healthy for the future. As for federal and Nosler discontinuing/ halting production of their 270 Weatherby loads that’s all about volume. They could keep the line on full tilt making the newer more popular stuff 24-7 and still not keep up with demand as we have seen. If they are going to shut down to change tooling and make a run of something different then they will choose another high volume mover like 30-06, 7 mag, and so on. Unfortunately for you and I we will have to wait for our pet cartridges to get their turn. Hopefully soon.

OP
RMB518

RMB518

FNG
I have faith capitalism will prevail. As for the 270wtby Im not convinced but maybe it is truly just a brass shortage.

OP
RMB518

RMB518

FNG
I stand corrected at the scant $107 a box the 130g ttsx is available again. I apologize but out of stock for about 3 years was silly.

Ive since bought a 300win mag, learned my lesson.

I too have a 270 wby mag. Love it and shot lots of great game. Always on the hunt for accubonds but it’s close to impossible to find anymore.