Weight loss meals

KsRancher

WKR
Anyone have any good wieght loss meal ideas. I am the heaviest I have ever been and an elk hunt for my son in 3 months. I have been a 32x32 pant size since junior year of high school (21yrs ago). That allowed me room for thick thermals and still wore a belt. Currently still wear the 32x32 but thermals wouldn't even begin fit underneath and don't need a belt.

I need to lose 15lbs to get back to my original wieght. I have had to lose 6-8lbs several times and it isn't bad. But this one is going to suck. Here is what I have done before. But dang it gets old. I keep it at 1000cal/day. It works good. But looking for some other ideas

1. I never eat breakfast but drink a big cup of coffee. If I eat anything at all for breakfast I am STARVING all day. If I skip I can easily make it to lunch without eating.
2. Lunch consists of a Progressive light soup with a half of a can of green beans mixed in, a piece of fruit like an apple, pear or orange and a few pieces of a fresh veggie like cucumber, carrots or bell peppers
3. Supper is a can of green beans or spinach with enough broiled chicken breast, grilled deer or something like that to get me to 1000cal

Overdrive

WKR
You should always eat something for breakfast, your are breaking the fast (breakfast) if you don't your body actually is storing fat instead of burning it.

I use this diet to drop pounds, it's a 3 day diet and I usually drop 3-5lbs using it, then eat sensibility for 4 days or just take a day and start it again. I've dropped 15 lbs the last 3 weeks.

Attachments

• PXL_20230712_011852370.jpg
    PXL_20230712_011852370.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 470

big44a4

WKR
Eat more protein. Fast and easy breakfast is a protein shake in a shaker bottle or in a blender with other things as desired. Shoot for 30-50 grams 4-5X daily is a good starting point. If I’m trying to lose weight I go 1.5g/LB of bodyweight but that is not a good place to start for anyone eating so little. Bare minimum year round should be 1g/LB.

Bluumoon

WKR
Semaglutide/tirzepatide can be used for significant weight loss in that time period. Not w out side effects. The above approaches are healthier for sure.

how old are you. It may be time for a hormone panel. Accumulating weight can be a sign of a shift.

Agree with zap. Low carbs is the way. What you’re eating sounds super restrictive but not terrible. I would ramp up exercise. Low intensity long durations and high intensity. throw in a couple of 20 mins hiits workouts and some medium effort cardio for 45-60 a session.

dump all carbs for 30 days. 40% or so calories from protein and the rest from healthy fats. eat only natural foods. nothing processed at all...not even cold cuts.
I have been doing this for the last two years. I have maintained my weight without any issue. Also add in exercise of course. The key for me is to not just eat 3 bigger meals a day but to eat smaller snacks/meals 6 times a day. Basically every 2.5-3 hours I eat something. The two larger portions come at breakfast and dinner, It helps to keep my metabolism up and not slow down in between longer periods of eating, and I always feel full. In addition lots of hydration helps with feeling satiated. You keep this up for a month or so and your stomach will shrink and it becomes easier to not over eat.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
how old are you. It may be time for a hormone panel. Accumulating weight can be a sign of a shift.

Agree with zap. Low carbs is the way. What you’re eating sounds super restrictive but not terrible. I would ramp up exercise. Low intensity long durations and high intensity. throw in a couple of 20 mins hiits workouts and some medium effort cardio for 45-60 a session.
I am 37yrs old. I am pretty sure I know where the wieght is coming from. I have no self control when I get to eating. I can pretty much eat until it gets hard to breathe. And I enjoy eating like that. I can get to a good wieght and stay there with no problems as long as I stay disciplined. I will use the diet I mentioned above to get target wieght and then increase is to around 2000cal/day. I can maintain my wieght as long as I stay around there. But the urge to eat until I am sick never goes away. Like drinking Mt.Dew, I can stop drinking pop for six months. But the "want to" to drink one doesn't get any better in that six months. Eating is the same way. Losing wieght is the easiest yet most miserable thing to do.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
Semaglutide/tirzepatide can be used for significant weight loss in that time period. Not w out side effects. The above approaches are healthier for sure.
I had to look that up to see what it was. I wouldn't even know where to begin to get it

S.Clancy

WKR
You should always eat something for breakfast, your are breaking the fast (breakfast) if you don't your body actually is storing fat instead of burning it.
That's BS. You can't store fat when there are no calories coming in.

The key is to eat 300-500 ish calories below maintenance to start, depending on what you think maintenance is. Keep protein and fiber high to stay satiated. Maybe take a vitamin supplement.

Please, please don't start at 1000 cals. That is a recipe for stalled weight loss at the best.

S.Clancy

WKR
I am 37yrs old. I am pretty sure I know where the wieght is coming from. I have no self control when I get to eating. I can pretty much eat until it gets hard to breathe. And I enjoy eating like that. I can get to a good wieght and stay there with no problems as long as I stay disciplined. I will use the diet I mentioned above to get target wieght and then increase is to around 2000cal/day. I can maintain my wieght as long as I stay around there. But the urge to eat until I am sick never goes away. Like drinking Mt.Dew, I can stop drinking pop for six months. But the "want to" to drink one doesn't get any better in that six months. Eating is the same way. Losing wieght is the easiest yet most miserable thing to do.
If you really like eating a lot at a time, just fast or eat minimally (think protein shake) once or twice before the big meal, like dinner. That way you get to eat a lot at once and can still get to a deficit.

Is it optimal for muscle growth/maintenance....no. But if you can lose weight without it feeling miserable you are way more likely to stick with it.

Badseed

WKR
That's BS. You can't store fat when there are no calories coming in.

The key is to eat 300-500 ish calories below maintenance to start, depending on what you think maintenance is. Keep protein and fiber high to stay satiated. Maybe take a vitamin supplement.

Please, please don't start at 1000 cals. That is a recipe for stalled weight loss at the best.

Agreed. There are a ton of other variables at play but in the simplest terms, if you are admitting to over eating, eat less.

A simple rule of thumb is to start eating 13 calories per pound of body weight. Yes, there are macros that you can focus on and yes, protein intake should be at least .5g/ pound of bodyweight but if this is the first time you have tried losing weight just start simple and keep an eye in the calories. Stick to the 13 calories per pound of bodyweight for about a 2-4 weeks. Once you see a trend in your bodyweight which should be decreasing, reduce your intake to 12 calories per pound. Following this simple approach you should be able to regain some control over your diet.

There are a variety of acceptable solutions to help you. Find the one that seems most reasonable to you and and that you are willing to see through without quitting. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

Some good advice above that I agree with. I would second reducing carbs and eating more protein. High protein diets tend to be the most satiating, meaning you’ll be less hungry. If you can hit 1g of protein per pound of body weight, I think you’ll find you’re too full to overeat on much else.

Going a step further, in no way do I mean this as a label or insult, but the relationship to food you are describing sounds consistent with something called binge eating disorder, which is a sub-type of bulimia nervosa. It would take time working with a medical provider to really determine if that diagnosis applies here, but if so there are a number of medical treatments that can be helpful. These include working with a therapist, using medication to promote weight loss (such as those mentioned above) and potentially medication to help with focus and impulse control, similar to how we treat ADHD.

If you truly feel like the episodes where you eat far more than you want to are the main issue causing weight gain and/or limiting weight loss, this may be worth exploring further. Feel free to PM me if you’d like more information, otherwise this is a good starting point:

When I go hunt in the mtns for about a week I lose 10 lbs

Go and spend a few weekends hiking around the mtns and poof - weight gone —>coupled with the meal plans you are aiming for and you’ll be G2G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of advice here.

I will only add to be cognizant of the calories you are drinking. You mentioned soda, which is an easy way to cut out a lot of calories with zero nutrition. Also be aware of how many calories are in other beverages from the so called “coffee” drinks that are milkshakes in disguise to very calorically dense alcohol. It’s pretty easy to drink a bunch of calories in a few beers.

Anyone have any good wieght loss meal ideas. I am the heaviest I have ever been and an elk hunt for my son in 3 months. I have been a 32x32 pant size since junior year of high school (21yrs ago). That allowed me room for thick thermals and still wore a belt. Currently still wear the 32x32 but thermals wouldn't even begin fit underneath and don't need a belt.

I need to lose 15lbs to get back to my original wieght. I have had to lose 6-8lbs several times and it isn't bad. But this one is going to suck. Here is what I have done before. But dang it gets old. I keep it at 1000cal/day. It works good. But looking for some other ideas

1. I never eat breakfast but drink a big cup of coffee. If I eat anything at all for breakfast I am STARVING all day. If I skip I can easily make it to lunch without eating.
2. Lunch consists of a Progressive light soup with a half of a can of green beans mixed in, a piece of fruit like an apple, pear or orange and a few pieces of a fresh veggie like cucumber, carrots or bell peppers
3. Supper is a can of green beans or spinach with enough broiled chicken breast, grilled deer or something like that to get me to 1000cal
Don’t drink sugar. Hike,walk,run a lot

Good luck with it. The struggle is real but it sounds like you are on the right track.

I have a few years on you (pushing 50) and I would say my weight was roughly consistent from about 25-35 died ing a bit on the amounts and type of activity I did. Things started to change in my late 30s and through my 40s. I had to adapt my exercise and eating to keep weight off and I wasnt entirely successful.

just keep at it.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
Thanks guys. Just getting started on this one. I will get there sooner than the 3 months. Just not any fun. And on the sugary drinks. Just a black coffee in the morning. Water, plain tea or a Gatorade zreo after that. I might add a 5cal water flavor packet to a water bottle once every few days.

Don’t drink sugar. Hike,walk,run a lot
Absolutely. Don't eat sugar, either — and that includes simple carbohyates such as refined grains.

Probably the simplest and most-effective advice for avoiding weight gain I've ever heard is: "Don't eat anything white."

WMag338

WKR
The struggle is real, fellas. I've struggled my whole life. I've pretty much accepted I'm just a fat fu** and diet/exercise/weights keeps me less fat than I would be if I didn't do anything at all.