Weight loss meals

Do you want simple? Eat meat, eggs, and veggies, and nothing else. Eat as much as you want. Drink only water.

If you don't lose weight doing that I'll give $100 in your name to the charity of my choice. That's right, my choice. But it will be an accredited charity and I'll send you the tax receipt in your name so you can claim the tax deduction.

If there's a single change that will make a bigger difference than anything else for the majority of people, it's this.

(Unsweetened coffee and tea are OK too.)
Even coffee with a bit of half and half is fine. I went from 195 to 152 on the meat and veggie "diet" (aka "lifestyle change"). Now at 170, cause my wife said I was getting too thin. Could not eat enough meat and veggies to gain weight, so added in some moderate servings of complex carbs (taters, rice, fruit). Still no sugar. At 61 years old, it's been working for me since 2015. And not on TRT or any vitamins or supplements of any kind. Bloodwork is perfect according to my doc.

Sorry if this violates forum code (much less man code). :)
20230619_110449~2.jpg

fatlander

WKR
Thanks guys. Just getting started on this one. I will get there sooner than the 3 months. Just not any fun. And on the sugary drinks. Just a black coffee in the morning. Water, plain tea or a Gatorade zreo after that. I might add a 5cal water flavor packet to a water bottle once every few days.

Cut the zero and low calorie artificial sweeteners. That stuff is worse for you than sugar.

Fighting cravings sucks. Being fat and unhealthy sucks more. Mind over matter.

I’ve been there too. I was 240 at 5’10” with a 40” waist. What worked for me was miserable, but it worked. I ate meat and eggs every morning. Then I had grilled chicken, rice, and green beans for lunch and dinner 7 days a week for 6 months. Lifted 5 days a week and did cardio 5 days a week. I got down to the low 170’s really quickly. I changed my habits, and it changed my life. 7 years later I haven’t gained any of the bad weight back. I’m steady trimming fat and putting on more lean muscle year over year.

You can do it, there’s no easy button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2531usmc

WKR
Do you want simple? Eat meat, eggs, and veggies, and nothing else. Eat as much as you want. Drink only water.

If you don't lose weight doing that I'll give $100 in your name to the charity of my choice. That's right, my choice. But it will be an accredited charity and I'll send you the tax receipt in your name so you can claim the tax deduction.
Just curious…..you said eat vegetables. Does this imply fruits as well as vegetable? if it does not, why?

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
I've lost 18lbs just following the OMAD regimen . First week was tough, I just drank as much water as I could to help with hunger pains.

I try to eat between 6-8pm. I eat as much as I want, try to eat healthy choices....lots of salad .....and plenty of meat. I've got a sweet tooth, so to help with those sugar urges, I'll mix up keto pudding to treat myself and just have a small cup. ( 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and a package of Jello sugar-free pudding, blend it till its firm, add berries if you want )

I do ruck 3 miles daily with a 30# pack also

Just curious…..you said eat vegetables. Does this imply fruits as well as vegetable? if it does not, why?

Fruits are very high in simple sugars. Sugar is the devil. Look this up and it may surprise you. Personally I will eat one-two servings of fruit in a day, max. Veggies, taters, rice are complex carbs, much better for how I personally feel. Veggies are much lower in calories and super high in lots of vitamins and minerals, so I favor those over starchy foods like taters, grains, and rice.

Minimizing sugars in your diet, and carbs in general, reduces cravings like you cannot believe. I don't eat until about 11 AM or later and I stop eating at 7 PM or so. I have a nice cup of coffee in the morning. I don't get cravings. I never feel like "Man, I have low blood sugar", and will often ride an hour or two of hard off road dirt bike before eating any food in a day with no issues.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
Even coffee with a bit of half and half is fine. I went from 195 to 152 on the meat and veggie "diet" (aka "lifestyle change"). Now at 170, cause my wife said I was getting too thin. Could not eat enough meat and veggies to gain weight, so added in some moderate servings of complex carbs (taters, rice, fruit). Still no sugar. At 61 years old, it's been working for me since 2015. And not on TRT or any vitamins or supplements of any kind. Bloodwork is perfect according to my doc.

Sorry if this violates forum code (much less man code). :)
View attachment 574995
That is impressive what you have done. I like to be and feel great around the 162lb range. Currently at 174lbs

tony

WKR
I’ll eat ground turkey with a shot or two of liquid smoke and some brown rice usually.
Or fish in the air fryer, with some asparagus.
When I’m not at work I’ll eat once a day.
when I’m at work I’ll eat everything in sight. All the fat chicks I work with love trash food. Shit I wouldn’t daily, chips, candy, etc.

I have a very similar story to Mike (granted I was about 35 when I started to figure this stuff out) and I went from 235+ to 170 (now I'm stable at 185 for two plus years) and I love the way I eat and feel.

2016 - 07.18.JPG
2020 - 12.04.jpg

I can relate very very very much to the struggle to eat until you basically want to pop (and liking the feeling). I'd be happy to share more through messages. Unfortunately too much nonsense gets thrown around in forums when it comes to diet, weight loss etc. it muddies the waters.

The only advice I'll offer here is - never take advice from someone you wouldn't trade places with.

Pay close attention to the guys like Mike that have been fat, aren't anymore, have kept the fat off and like the way they eat and live.

Simplest and easiest method in my opinion is the whole 30 diet. The first month can be difficult if your used to eating like $hit but the results are amazing. I don't think its considered a weight loss diet but that can be an effect but it made me feel 100x better and i lost weight.
Here's a link to a food list, basically everything i eat anyways was on the list, the only big thing i had to change was buying whole 30 approved condiments and no alcohol.

*zap*

WKR
67 years of age. 7/1 213# 34" waist.

Started transitioning to carnivore 6/28 and by 7/1 dropped all carbs.

7/10 - 202#. Strength for strength training showed no loss. Waist 32".

Plan to stay the course and most days on a 13-16 hr fast. 2 days ago did a 24 hr solid food fast. Stopped eating from boredom and for emotional gratification....hope to keep that going.

Ate salmon last night at 9pm and not at all hungry right now.

I have been suffering from severe inflammation and have hopes this diet will kill that junk off. Good luck to the OP.

Matt.ken

FNG
I eat Greek yogurt with blueberries or cottage cheese with black pepper for lunch. Low calorie and high protein

grfox92

WKR
If you dive into a Keto type diet you will lose 10lbs of water weight in the first 2 weeks. After that everything else you lose on the scale will be body fat (typically) if you've never done a keto diet before I bet you will shed pounds of weight before the elk hunt.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
Thanks for the ideas guys. I just started this on Monday. I have no doubt that I can lose the 15lbs in 6 weeks and keep it off. The plain boring meals that it takes is just rough. But I will get it done.

I always thought that wieght was a calories in vs calories out thing. But it isn't for some people. Me it is though. My brother is 30yrs old 5'7" tall and weighs 130lbs. He is a diabetc and eats like crap. McDonald's, Casey's pizza, little Debbie's and Dt. Dew is his main diet. He doesn't gain an ounce and has about no body fat. Not sure if it's the diabetes or if he is just built differently.🤷‍♂️

Luked

WKR
I am just as bad if not worse. I have a horrible time loosing weight. I was drinking a ton of Soda for a long time. I have really cut back on it but it is tough to do. I do drink a lot more water now than I ever have but still not loosing anything. Im in decent shape but at 45 years old its still not easy.
I am also a pretty picky eater also. I like pretty much any kind of meat or fish but am not a huge fan of veggies. I like quite a bit of different fruits but then there is the sugar again.
I am also a pig when it comes to eating and eat too much at a time. I have never been able to do the small meals either.
I need to do something as I am about as heavy as I have ever been at 230 and 5'10".

Marble

WKR
Wife does fitness/bikini competitions so isee and help her with food prep.

Start by going online and figuring out how many calories your body needs daily to maintain your current weight. Then, figure out how many pounds you want to lose. Say it's 15 pounds. Each pound is equal to 3500 calories. So if you know your daily calorie needs,say it's 2500. If you eat 2000, every seven days you'll be less 3500 calories, which is one pound. Add in exercise, and it might go to 1.5-2 pounds weekly, which is doable.

For diet, proteins should be leans. Lean burger, chicken, and shrimp. Shrimp is the leanest. Measure out the protein on a digital scale and measure the chosen carb (usually enriched white rice, but it can be any complex carb) add in vegetables. Split this into 4-5 meals daily.

No alcohol
No added sugar
No added fats
1/2-3/4 ounce water per pound of body weight daily.

10 weeks with daily exercise should easily see 15 pounds. Probably more with less water retention from no alcohol and sugar.

Breakfast is probably the most important. It not only gets the metabolism going for the day, but it triggers the digestion process to make your body need food more often.

For breakfast, quickoats, sweeten with 0 sugar maple syrup and 1/3 egg whites.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Overdrive

WKR

Articles like this is why I don't personally believe in skipping meals or fasting. I had a long conversation with my cousin who's a nutritionist and she opened my eyes to lot of things. Many things that people do wrong and I was doing some of them myself.

Articles like this is why I don't personally believe in skipping meals or fasting. I had a long conversation with my cousin who's a nutritionist and she opened my eyes to lot of things. Many things that people do wrong and I was doing some of them myself.

I rely on the actual studies instead of articles. Weight loss alone is not the reason I fast. It's got tremendous health benefits.

NIH.gov is a great source for the actual studies done in this area.