Weight loss meals

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Here is what I do to drop about 15 lbs as I get ready for Sept. Take it as you will. Feel free to enter the protein source you may want. I know this sounds wrong but you have to eat more and more often to lose weight.

Every three hours you should be eating. Keep that moteblisam up. I've done keto, i've done intermitted fasting. Diet is everything. All those diets are great, but nothing has worked more for me than this method. I'll share my eating today to you.

I drink two shakes, three meals for the day.

6am- Protein shake in 8oz of 2% milk

9am- 1 egg and 1 cup of egg whites with 2 slices of turkey bacon or 2 fried eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon.

Noon- Ezekiel toast with tuna fish salad. 6-8oz approx.

3pm- 1 honeycrisp apple and 1/2 cup of zero protein yogurt.

6pm- 8 oz of protein (chicken this week) and salad and 1/2 of white rice.

9pm- Protein shake.

Drink a lot of water after your coffee during the day. Get good sleep. You will feel empty in the morning and pounds will drop. Give it a try.
Refreshing to see people not starve themselves. I used to compete in men's physique. People don't realize you can eat an ass ton and still lose weight. I was doing around 2700 to 2800 cal and shedding weight.

If you cut calories too fast you body adapts and adjusts as it's survival instinct.

Just my experience. Comes from seeing it from men, women of all ages and experiences.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
After this post on the 11th I totally switched up my diet. Still no breakfast. Lunch is 4 slices of ham, 3 dill spears and a small bag of carrots. Supper is two 1/4 beef patties or 2 chicken breast halves with 2 eggs and some zucchini.

Man the weight will fall off. And I know why. You don't get full, but you just get tired of eating it. It's hard to put down 1000 calories a day eating like this. I am not full, just not interested in eating anymore of it. Was 168lbs this morning

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
After this post on the 11th I totally switched up my diet. Still no breakfast. Lunch is 4 slices of ham, 3 dill spears and a small bag of carrots. Supper is two 1/4 beef patties or 2 chicken breast halves with 2 eggs and some zucchini.

Man the weight will fall off. And I know why. You don't get full, but you just get tired of eating it. It's hard to put down 1000 calories a day eating like this. I am not full, just not interested in eating anymore of it. Was 168lbs this morning
You could be eating eggs, ribeye, butter, sausage, bacon, burger and be stuffed to the gills and drop weight and keep it off. Different ways to skin a cat.

I know from years of wrestling in high school and the Marine Corps we were taught “ carnivore” long before it was cool. Also helps I’m not a huge fan of the way carbs make me feel, and the energy level from fat is like running in rocket fuel compared to carbs.

Sapcut

WKR
^^^^Zackly. Not to mentioned the level or optimum nourishment. Plants and other carbs are waaaay less efficient. if at all, at actually getting nutrients in your blood.

I feel most of the advice on this thread is pretty bad. Maybe just me.

Watch Ken Berry MD videos on youtube. Follow it up with Eric Berg and Sten Ekberg. The standard American diet was created to make food businesses money. Switch to low carb as soon as possible. Low fat is part of the standard American diet. If you feel you need alcohol, go with spirits that have no carbs. Saying "low carb" is too generic and too all encompassing. All forms of sugar are carbohydrates which includes fruits The carbohydrate problem is even more complex when you get down to how those sugars are processed by the body. And form of a sugar changes how your body reacts to it. If you peel and eat a banana, your body processes the sugars differently than if you took that same banana and threw it into a blender and drank it. When people say don't eat bread, its not that simple either, because it depends on how that bread was made. Fermented bread is a healthier option for you than a non fermented bread

So don't just say "low carb" because not that simple.

The food system of Americans needs to be completely revisited bottom up. I say bottom up because the majority of production has been altered in a negative way and we need to return to traditional practices.

Last edited:

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Diets can be highly personal and the body adapts to different nutritional sources fairly well, however I do believe there are particular foods the body prefers and runs more efficiently on.

I can only speak from my experience but I felt the best on a low carb diet, extremely low carb actually. I went into the diet overweight and my labs on my last exam were slightly elevated than I had liked them to be. Nothing crazy but something I needed to work on. Within 6 months of daily eating less than 100 net carbs (which was really low for my body needs considering I was 6'6 290lbs) and cramming down as much whole red meats, butter, cheese, eggs, you name it, I weighed 245lbs, felt better than I had in years and my labs on the following yearly exam were completely back to within a healthy range. Not to mention the inflammation changes, my joints and muscles felt spectacular especially after workouts.

I didn't follow any macros plan, to me that felt too tedious and I know from experience that when diets become tedious and complicated, we tend to fall off. That's not to say I wouldn't recommend it if you can follow one, I just know that I made it on common sense choices and then one day you'll wake up and you'll have a routine and it'll all become second nature.

Also, "clean eating" is a misnomer. Sure, some foods are better quality than others but the best diet is the one you can easily follow. Carnivore or Keto or what have you doesn't have to be complicated. I'm married and have 2 kids who are into football, basketball, baseball, dance, gymnastics, you name it. The amount of times we have to eat while on the road is a ton. I can't count the amount of times I've ordered burgers with no buns, or breakfast sandwiches and took the biscuit off, or the times I was carrying Johnsonville Cheddar Brats, jerky and Tillamook cheese in the lunchbox or cooler. Life gets busy, we can't always have a freshly butchered filet waiting on us. That doesn't mean you have to fall off!

Last edited:

cmahoney

WKR
Diets can be highly personal and the body adapts to different nutritional sources fairly well, however I do believe there are particular foods the body prefers and runs more efficiently on.

I can only speak from my experience but I felt the best on a low carb diet, extremely low carb actually. I went into the diet overweight and my labs on my last exam were slightly elevated than I had liked them to be. Nothing crazy but something I needed to work on. Within 6 months of daily eating less than 100 net carbs (which was really low for my body needs considering I was 6'6 290lbs) and cramming down as much whole red meats, butter, cheese, eggs, you name it, I weighed 245lbs, felt better than I had in years and my labs on the following yearly exam were completely back to within a healthy range. Not to mention the inflammation changes, my joints and muscles felt spectacular especially after workouts.

I didn't follow any macros plan, to me that felt too tedious and I know from experience that when diets become tedious and complicated, we tend to fall off. That's not to say I wouldn't recommend it if you can follow one, I just know that I made it on common sense choices and then one day you'll wake up and you'll have a routine and it'll all become second nature.

Also, "clean eating" is a misnomer. Sure, some foods are better quality than others but the best diet is the one you can easily follow. Carnivore or Keto or what have you doesn't have to be complicated. I'm married and have 2 kids, who are into football, basketball, baseball, dance, gymnastics, you name it. The amount of times we have to eat while on the road is a ton. I can't count the amount of times I've ordered burgers with no buns, or breakfast sandwiches and took the biscuit off, or the times I was carrying Johnsonville Cheddar Brats, jerky and Tillamook cheese in the lunchbox or cooler. Life gets busy, we can't always have a freshly butchered filet waiting on us. That doesn't mean you have to fall off!

Did you pay attention to calories at all during that 6 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of borderline "bro-science" in this thread
I am shocked by the amount of anecdotal evidence and feelings being masqueraded around as science. Scary. When youtube doctors (they are chiropractors impersonating medical doctors) and fad diets start getting thrown around we've really lost our way.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Did you pay attention to calories at all during that 6 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all. I counted carbs, ate the foods that I was supposed to eat and ate until I was full. I added a fasting schedule in a little later where I wouldn't eat my first meal until 10a and I ate my last meal at 6p but that isn't necessary. You hit a point where it just starts melting off.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm down about 38 pounds over the past year and feeling great

Step 1 for me was cutting alcohol. That was a biggy for me. Pounds melted off when I quit drinking. I exercise before work 5-6 days a week for 25-30 minutes, alternating between weights(mosty dumbbells) and my road bike(mostly on a smart trainer). Nothing too wild for workouts but I'll go hard while I'm doing it. You can do a hell of a lot of exercise with a set of adjustable dumbbells.

As for diet, I haven't been overly strict. Keep sugar at a mininum, keep protein high, and just try to eat minimally processed foods overall. Lots of game meat, vegetables, etc. I'll still eat some pizza and other junk occasionally, but when I eat those things it's in smaller quantities. One piece of pizza, not two. One hot dog with a bun, not three.

I use the LoseIt app daily and once you get a good understanding of the calories foods contain it's very easy to punch numbers in fast. You realize just how quickly you can blow a daily calorie budget with 2 cookies or a candy bar.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
I'm down about 38 pounds over the past year and feeling great

Step 1 for me was cutting alcohol. That was a biggy for me. Pounds melted off when I quit drinking. I exercise before work 5-6 days a week for 25-30 minutes, alternating between weights(mosty dumbbells) and my road bike(mostly on a smart trainer). Nothing too wild for workouts but I'll go hard while I'm doing it. You can do a hell of a lot of exercise with a set of adjustable dumbbells.

As for diet, I haven't been overly strict. Keep sugar at a mininum, keep protein high, and just try to eat minimally processed foods overall. Lots of game meat, vegetables, etc. I'll still eat some pizza and other junk occasionally, but when I eat those things it's in smaller quantities. One piece of pizza, not two. One hot dog with a bun, not three.

I use the LoseIt app daily and once you get a good understanding of the calories foods contain it's very easy to punch numbers in fast. You realize just how quickly you can blow a daily calorie budget with 2 cookies or a candy bar.
That is no joke. I could eat half a dozen crumble cookies for a snack. But at 720 calories a cookie it's a little rough

S.Clancy

WKR
I am shocked by the amount of anecdotal evidence and feelings being masqueraded around as science. Scary. When youtube doctors (they are chiropractors impersonating medical doctors) and fad diets start getting thrown around we've really lost our way.
I would bet chiros get more nutrition training than MDs. Regardless, most Medical professionals of any ilk are so woefully uneducated when it comes to nutrition it’s laughable.

Sadler

WKR
Get your carbs from veggies and eat a lot of protein. Don’t drink any kind of soda and if you need carbonation, drink carbonated water. That and go jogging at least three times a week for two to five miles. You’ll burn that 15lbs off in no time.

Starving yourself with 1000 calories a day is unsustainable and probably pretty unhealthy.

*zap*

WKR
I like to hear what others have to say on here especially their personal experience. It is very helpful.

I started carnivore on 7/1. Had dropped to 202 from 215 a few days ago, last two days were 204 and 206. Energy has been ok but I loose some on longer workouts at the end. Strength is fine and may be up a bit. The severe inflammation in my lower body has gone down. First time since sept that I have no muscle knots in my legs. Up/down the stairs at the gym last eve better than I have been in the last 9 months...last sept I severely overworked my lower body and it has been a huge issue since then...hoping for relief.
Fell right into intermittent fasting within a week. Now eating solid food in a 4-8 hr window daily.
My opinion would be that I am still adapting to using fat for primary fuel...plan to keep at this.

67 yoa:
20230719_153011.jpg

Last edited:

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I like to hear what others have to say on here especially their personal experience. It is very helpful.

I started carnivore on 7/1. Had dropped to 202 from 215 a few days ago, last two days were 204 and 206. Energy has been ok but I loose some on longer workouts at the end. Strength is fine and may be up a bit. The severe inflammation in my lower body has gone down. First time since sept that I have no muscle knots in my legs. Up/down the stairs at the gym last eve better than I have been in the last 9 months...last sept I severely overworked my lower body and it has been a huge issue since then...hoping for relief.
Fell right into intermittent fasting within a week. Now eating solid food in a 4-8 hr window daily.
My opinion would be that I am still adapting to using fat for primary fuel...plan to keep at this.

67 yoa:
View attachment 578145
I started doing ice baths back in Feb. Those have helped me mentally and physically. Allergies have slowed way down, body joints aren't there anymore. Started out just with cold water and gradually got to where I can sit in ice water for 2 mins each day or at least 3-5 days if possible. Let your body dry and heat up naturally. Takes about a week to get use to but then you will look forward to them before long.

With my diet, I went back to moderation of clean carbs (fruit in one my snacks and white rice with my last core meal, yogurt) and starting eating every 2-3 hours and started seeing how my metabolic rate increased. The most weight I ever dropped in the shorted amount of time like 25lbs from keto over three months but it was not sustainable. I still splurge one day on the weekend (hamburgers or fast food,etc) for a meal. I still don't miss a meal in those time windows. Body turns into a fuel burning machine. With a work out its even better.

*zap*

WKR
I do dry sauna (190° 15 min.) and cold shower after, 5x a week...no ice bath available here. Wish it was available now, the lake will be cold later this year... :)

jimh406

WKR
If you actually watched those chiropractors, you’d know they aren’t impersonating anything. There are also a lot of MDs that agree with most of the details.

The reality is the medical profession has lost their way. Feel free to ignore all evidence to the contrary. Most people do.

The reality is most of the anecdotes and what has been called “conspiracy” theories have turned out as correct. The information is slow to get out when the primary advertisers are buying all of the commercials and paying for the suppression of other ideas.

Sapcut

WKR
The reality is....For the love of money is the root of evil....in every direction you choose to look even when it comes to every day life or death.

Medical doctors are taught to prescribe chemicals. The med schools are funded and orchestrated by said chemical companies. Prevent or cure illness is not an option. Repeat customers and repeat chemical prescriptions is THE option. That is why MDs know nothing about proper human nutrition or prevention. And why there is an epidemic of disease that never ends.

The joke is on us sheep. MDs scam us sheep into taking the chemicals, the MDs get compensated from chemical companies for selling their drugs, then MDs charge insurance companies a lot of money for the pleasure of being in their office, insurance companies pay the high bill, then charge us even more money for having to pay the high bill. We are left with hugh health insurance bills and disease epidemics. Full circle of money for the bad guys with the joke on us peasants.

Last edited:

Jbogg

FNG
I’ve been keto for four months. I will turn 60 in six weeks, and I weigh the same as I did my junior year of high school. Once you get fat adapted you will stop receiving the constant hunger signals to your brain, which is common on a carb rich standard American diet. I’m actually thinking about adding some simple carbs back in to try to gain a few pounds. Once you go into ketosis, you almost have to remind yourself to eat at times because you just won’t feel hungry. I realize weight loss is the primary reason people go the keto route, but I did it strictly in an effort to reduce inflammation and joint pain.

I still enjoy a little side of broccoli or asparagus with my steaks, but I have not touched grains or starches in four months. The nutrition that is found in plants is not easily accessible. That’s why ruminants that eat a diet consisting of nothing but vegetation have four chambered stomachs and literally graze all day. Meat and eggs is nutrient dense, and easily digestible.