Weight

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
heading out on a 4 day backcountry mule deer hunt (Mission Mountain Wilderness) and the pack weighs 34 lbs all in- including 6 lbs of food, 4 lbs of water and 1/2 lb of fuel- so roughly a 24 lb base weight; that's with a 65mm spotter and full sized tripod :)
heading out on a 4 day backcountry mule deer hunt (Mission Mountain Wilderness) and the pack weighs 34 lbs all in- including 6 lbs of food, 4 lbs of water and 1/2 lb of fuel- so roughly a 24 lb base weight; that's with a 65mm spotter and full sized tripod :)

y14qRjw.jpg

Hey mtwarden. Been paying attention to how you do things for a while now. Really impressive. If you keep going like this, you’re going to have to put rocks in your pockets so you don’t blow away in the wind. 😁

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ no danger of that :D

We had a great hunt. Buddy passed on a big mule deer (not one I would have passed!), but some great country.

TD3LOWn.jpg

manitou1

WKR
Man, I am pushing 26 lbs for a day hunt with one nalgene, first aid, tripod, spotter, flashlight/headlamp, kill kit, glassing chair and rain gear. Oh, and about a lb of snacks.

32.2 pounds loaded gets me 5 days food with stove+flue and 1lb iso+burner+pot into the mid to low teens. No firearm in that weight.

Could stretch it to a 7-10 days or 15 to life if you let me add my pole and tackle mixing in panfsh, squirrel and rabbit.