Weird or not so weird hunting dreams

mtnlomo

FNG
Every year the night before opening day or first day of a hunt I have a dream that I have forgotten bullets or I draw back my bow and I have no broadhead on my arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loper

WKR
Just last night I had a dream I was hunting pronghorn with my brother (who doesn’t hunt) and my 6 year old daughter. I was chasing one up on a ridge and out of nowhere a mountain lion came springing out and looked like we were about to get attacked. Then it brushed right past us and chased the antelope. Only about 50 yards further down a Grizzly popped out and I pulled my brother away to safety just as it was sweeping its big claw towards his head. The mountain lion showed back up and the Grizzly went after it.

I woke up after that and didn’t go back to sleep until another few hours later. I’ve been dragging today!

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Just last night I had a dream I was hunting pronghorn with my brother (who doesn’t hunt) and my 6 year old daughter. I was chasing one up on a ridge and out of nowhere a mountain lion came springing out and looked like we were about to get attacked. Then it brushed right past us and chased the antelope. Only about 50 yards further down a Grizzly popped out and I pulled my brother away to safety just as it was sweeping its big claw towards his head. The mountain lion showed back up and the Grizzly went after it.

I woke up after that and didn’t go back to sleep until another few hours later. I’ve been dragging today!

Action packed!

KP20129

FNG
I daydream about hunting constantly but, the actual dreams I remember arent usually hunting related. I am 48 and my dreams usually revolve around me catching a touchdown, hitting the game winning 3 pointer, or dunking a basketball. All things I havent done in almost 30 years. So weird!!

I dream a lot about weird noises out in the woods. Howling, screeching, and moaning. I wake up and realize it’s just two meth heads mating.

ODB

WKR
I never tell my dreams…too incriminating - just kidding.

not a lot of hunting dreams at all, but on at least two occasions I have solved problems from my waking life in my dreams. It’s as though when I was awake my consciousness was getting in the way. On both occasions the solution was so simple and clear in my dream that it was though someone else was telling it to me.

I will say that I have experimented for at least a decade with trying to influence my dreams. When it works it’s like an other-worldly experience.

I don’t know if I believe in astral projection, but the more involved and detailed dreams leave me befuddled as to how my mind can come up with so many story lines, fully built locations and people that I would never, could never create in my waking life. It leads me to believe that we are in fact living parallel existences - one awake, one asleep.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a recurring dream (multiple times per year) where we are almost to hunting camp and I realize I have forgotten to pack any gear at all. I'm not sure if my paranoia about forgetting gear when I'm actually packing drives the dreams, or vice versa.