Welcome Post

New to Rokslide, and I love hunting pronghorn antelope!

Since I didn't draw any tags in Wyoming this year, I figured I'd post some old trophy room pics 😎

Good luck to those who did draw tags this year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-104341.png
    Screenshot_20230619-104341.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20230619-104552.png
    Screenshot_20230619-104552.png
    849.7 KB · Views: 82

hunterjmj

WKR
Looks like you have a bit of experience with antelope hunting! Thanks for posting. Can you share some sizes, stories, etc.?

amaxjack

FNG
Classified Approved
New to Rokslide, and I love hunting pronghorn antelope!

Since I didn't draw any tags in Wyoming this year, I figured I'd post some old trophy room pics 😎

Good luck to those who did draw tags this year!
WOW!!! What a collection, I have never seen one as diverse as yours. If you don’t mind me asking but what unit/units did they come from?
Love to hear some stories too.
Thanks Jack

OP
Looks like you have a bit of experience with antelope hunting! Thanks for posting. Can you share some sizes, stories, etc.?
WOW!!! What a collection, I have never seen one as diverse as yours. If you don’t mind me asking but what unit/units did they come from?
Love to hear some stories too.
Thanks Jack
My family lives in Southern Wyoming and the vast majority of the hunting we do is on public land. I honestly had no idea how great I had it growing up, there are plenty of antelope around and some great genetics.

All of the antelope belong to my immediate family members (father, mother, brother and myself). Unfortunately a few mounts have moved from that trophy room to my place and other rooms to make room 🤣 I'll have to round up the stragglers and post a few more toads haha.

We spend as much time as we can bow hunting which is my favorite, either spot and stalk or sitting on water. Honestly, we love big ones, but weird ones really get us going. The center buck in the "weird" photo we believe had taken some sort of damage during the growth stage of his horns right at the base which caused around a 10" protrusion from the base of the horn. When we took the hide to our taxidermist, we also realized there was a piece of cartilage that developed on the hide, and the protrusion was acting like a mini sheath around it almost like a third horn. Some crazy things can happen to them.

At this point I believe we are right around the 20ish mark for certified booners, but have yet to strike the ultimate goal of a certified 90 incher. That is the dream!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie