Went and done did it

DuckDogDr

WKR
Ordered a Hoyt RX7 in 70 lbs . Optifade elevated 2
Should be at my shop in a month.
Shot the VTM 31, Mathews phase 4 and the RX7

The Rx7 was frickin smooth as butter compared to the other 2 drawing .

87TT

WKR
Talked to a buddy the other day. He had been planning on buying a Matthews but after shooting a bunch of bow, that’s what ended up buying. He loves it.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
You
Talked to a buddy the other day. He had been planning on buying a Matthews but after shooting a bunch of bow, that’s what ended up buying. He loves it.
I really as a whole was not impressed with the VTM and that’s what I’ve had my heart set on… not sure why..the phase 4 just seemed to “feel lighter” even though realistically weight is almost the same … I guess better balanced ? But was definitely quieter than the VTM by far. Draw cycle didn’t have as much of a “hump”

I was about to settle on phase 4 and asked to shoot RX7.. man it had the same or less vibration . Seemed even quieter. The weight difference was noticeable . Just drew much smoother and was almost robin hooding the arrows even without a site .. knew that was what I wanted when I shot it.

Wasn’t even really considering it due to price difference but just thought “wow” when I shot

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I pick mine up tom evening. It sucks dropping that money but I only buy a bow once every 7 years or so. Hope you like your new bow!

TSAMP

WKR
You

I really as a whole was not impressed with the VTM and that’s what I’ve had my heart set on… not sure why..the phase 4 just seemed to “feel lighter” even though realistically weight is almost the same … I guess better balanced ? But was definitely quieter than the VTM by far. Draw cycle didn’t have as much of a “hump”

I was about to settle on phase 4 and asked to shoot RX7.. man it had the same or less vibration . Seemed even quieter. The weight difference was noticeable . Just drew much smoother and was almost robin hooding the arrows even without a site .. knew that was what I wanted when I shot it.

Wasn’t even really considering it due to price difference but just thought “wow” when I shot
I was the exact opposite, came from hoyt bows, was certain I was buying an rx7, until I shot the mathews. This just goes to show why people need to try them out and decide.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I was the exact opposite, came from hoyt bows, was certain I was buying an rx7, until I shot the mathews. This just goes to show why people need to try them out and decide.
Same here. I thought the Hoyt drew better than the Phase 4, but the Phase 4 was noticeably better on the shot.

Stalker69

WKR
UPS goes on strike Aug. first. Hopefully they solve there issues, or they ship using a differant carrier. Or it may be a longer wait.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Dealer called today. Bow was delivered however box was badly damaged and the limbs were shattered. Not sure what kind of pressure would cause that short of a fork lift driving over it, but dealer obviously rejected shipment and wait begins again

bond111

FNG
Dealer called today. Bow was delivered however box was badly damaged and the limbs were shattered. Not sure what kind of pressure would cause that short of a fork lift driving over it, but dealer obviously rejected shipment and wait begins again
That has to suck so much, very sorry that you have to wait longer.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
That has to suck so much, very sorry that you have to wait longer.
It does and thank you. Patience is a virtue. I’m just glad dealer rejected shipment instead of trying to piece back together with a new set of limbs. Dealer said ain’t no telling what kind of damage we can’t see.

Good customer service and doing things right is not often found now days so, not complaining

Brunson84

Lil-Rokslider
I shot Hoyt for years, the carbon defiant, rx5, I don't abuse my bows but they get used as a tool to an extent (rubbing brush, bumping trees every now and then). I checked out the v3x last year and loved how quiet it was, I was really trying to like something other that the rx7 because of the price, I used mathews for the last 2 months of the season last year and noticed some chipping in the coating, I had just purchased this bow and was still in "baby mode", the Hoyts I have owned years prior never did such a thing until later down the road if then. I had one accidentally run over and was still shooting groups at 40yds before sending back to Hoyt to get checked out. Short story I ended up selling the mathews and buying the rx7 and kicked myself for not doing that in the first place. You will not be disappointed. The carbon Hoyts are truly tough, I cannot imagine what could have happen to make the limbs shatter? That's some serious damage, it shouldn't even look like a box after that. Do you personally know your dealer, around here you get the runaround sometimes and wonder if they sold yours to someone else? (it happens)

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
@Brunson84 . Don’t personally know the dealer but very highly reviewed. He was a little reluctant to even do a custom order vs what his allotment was on the shelf ..as he had been burned in the past with people not picking up bows.. So I have a deposit on it as well.
His staff was also pretty on point with communication letting me know about shipping.

It was right on schedule with what I was told last week. I had actually called this morning when it opened and they said it was on the truck to be delivered and they would call as soon as it got there… So didn’t get impression of anything otherwise

I’m at one of my fill in spots for work. Now if I was at my dealer at home I would absolutely suspect it being sold or taken out from under me. There’s a reason I’m dealing with a shop where I work vs 10 min from the house

Brunson84

Lil-Rokslider
@Brunson84 . Don’t personally know the dealer but very highly reviewed. He was a little reluctant to even do a custom order vs what his allotment was on the shelf ..as he had been burned in the past with people not picking up bows.. So I have a deposit on it as well.
His staff was also pretty on point with communication letting me know about shipping.

It was right on schedule with what I was told last week. I had actually called this morning when it opened and they said it was on the truck to be delivered and they would call as soon as it got there… So didn’t get impression of anything otherwise

I’m at one of my fill in spots for work. Now if I was at my dealer at home I would absolutely suspect it being sold or taken out from under me. There’s a reason I’m dealing with a shop where I work vs 10 min from the house

Sounds like a solid place, hope they get you going soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk