Werner Ranch, Wyoming

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any information or feedback about archery hunts with Werner Ranch in Wyoming? We are looking at booking a hunt in Wyoming in 2020 or 2021. Thanks in advance for any input.

wytx

WKR
Just curious if you have any PP? If you have enough to draw area 29 then you can draw another area and not pay an outfitter for a hunt. Public land hunting is great for pronghorn and an outfitters is not necessary.
Get some PP and come out for a DIY hunt, it will be a blast and you could do both archery and rifle if wanted.

OP
Jackal7

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious if you have any PP? If you have enough to draw area 29 then you can draw another area and not pay an outfitter for a hunt. Public land hunting is great for pronghorn and an outfitters is not necessary.
Get some PP and come out for a DIY hunt, it will be a blast and you could do both archery and rifle if wanted.
We don't have any PPs. We hunted with an outfitter last August which was a great hunt, in area 26. Drew first try. We are time limited due to our jobs so public land seems a little daunting with our time constraints - i.e. scouting time.

Trial153

WKR
They have great reputation, you can find a dozen reviews for them on bow site.

wytx

WKR
Got it, with some PP you would be able to draw a decent area without needing an outfitter.
Werner has a decent rep. One thing I would do is call some unsuccessful hunters on their reference list and ask about why they didn't fill out, if they have any.

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
We don't have any PPs. We hunted with an outfitter last August which was a great hunt, in area 26. Drew first try. We are time limited due to our jobs so public land seems a little daunting with our time constraints - i.e. scouting time.

What outfitter did you hunt with last year?