Wet/Snow Boots?

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
After burning through different styles/brands of hunting boots, I have settled on Salomon Quest hiking boots for hiking and hunting. I put more miles on chasing upland birds than anything else, and those have enough support for the canyons and sandhills I hunt while still being pretty lightweight and comfortable. Wet/snowy weather seems to take its toll on them, however.

I'm looking for recommendations on a boot to wear strictly for wet/snowy conditions. I need traction and ankle support though, otherwise I'll be sliding down hillsides every hunt. And insulated, for winter hunts. What has worked well for you?

Ten Bears

WKR
I have been wearing the extremely ugly Crispi Highlanders for a couple seasons for all things upland. Hiking boot inside a total waterproof shell that nearly knee high. Love those ugly bastards. Think Cripsi USA stopped producing them here but they can be found on ebay or through European distribution.

yfarm

WKR
Hoffman thinsulate guide pacs with the claw sole 10”, if slipping is a real issue get the caulk sole Or use microspikes( I used to run in the winter on hard packed snow and ice wearing the carbide studs, never slipped or fell). Thinking about trying the Baffin Borealis, wonder if anyone else has tried these.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
If you are going to just strictly be walking I would recommend kenetrek’s mountain extreme 1000. I have the 400’s and they are great for hiking but if it’s real cold I can’t sit for more than a couple hours without getting cold feet.
I have Hoffman pac boots and they are great if it’s really cold and I want to sit a lot. They’re not terrible to hike in, but they don’t have the same ankle and foot support of the kenetreks.