What are you feeding your dog?

Mosby

WKR
I feed PPP Sport Salmon & Rice 30/20. I add a few tablespoons of a food topper I make myself or canned food. I have bought a few bags of Inukshuk when I find it on sale and blend it in with the Purina but I consistently stick with the Purina. It is pretty dense food and has 527 calories per cup, which is 100 calories more than most. I can also find it locally and is available when I'm on the road. A lot of good brands but I want one that I can get when traveling. I've been known to change plans or leave the food bag by the front door. I don't want to have to change brands in the middle of a hunt.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I started feed all my dog, all total 13 now, science diet 45 years ago. seems to work for me and them. We always put in a scoop of pure pumpkin and maybe some chicken or beef of one sort or the other. At this time my 13 year old GSP has been having stomach problems so he has been on a boiled chicken and rice diet, he seems to be getting better. I think the wife was giving the boys to many Pupperoni every day. But they sure like them. I put a stop to that and cut up some carrots for treats, they eat them just like the other treats.

gbflyer

WKR
We feed a limited ingredient kibble made by Natural Balance that is fish based. Then we supplement that with home made that also uses fish. Our dog can only have fish or rabbit protein and there’s a laundry list of things including corn and peas that he’s allergic too. He’s a total pain to feed, it’s a good thing we love him. Never buy from a show dog line

Costco grain free Salmon. I have a golden which has extra sensitive skin and digestion. Ive tried all the premo brands and the costco brand surprisingly is best for her as the more expensive wellness brands.

There are so many high performing dogs on the Pro Plan 30/20 I just don't know why you'd go with anything else, except for maybe allergies.

Even the cost argument...the 30/20 is cheaper per calorie than other stuff. It's darn good feed, feed it and worry about something else.

Had mine on PPP but after a stay with the dog sitter, and tasting another dogs food, he came home and wouldn't eat it anymore. Bought a small bag of Victor and mixed it in the PPP and he ate it. So, I have decided to move him to Victor.

willidru

WKR
Dr Tim’s Kinesis for my lab. Used the Purim’s PP 30/20, noticed better energy and coat when I changed. It’s expensive

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I was told a long time ago by the curator of animals at the L.A. zoo, dogs are carnivores, feed them meat. I didn't totally follow his advice but my dogs do get a fair share of chicken and beef with their dry food.. No pork ever.

TSAMP

WKR
I was told a long time ago by the curator of animals at the L.A. zoo, dogs are carnivores, feed them meat. I didn't totally follow his advice but my dogs do get a fair share of chicken and beef with their dry food.. No pork ever.
Pork isn't meat?????
But really, why no pork?

Had mine on PPP but after a stay with the dog sitter, and tasting another dogs food, he came home and wouldn't eat it anymore. Bought a small bag of Victor and mixed it in the PPP and he ate it. So, I have decided to move him to Victor.

That's probably the most valid complaint on PPP, palatability. But, dog is hungry enough, he'll eat it.

On long trips we would mix in soft food to encourage eating.

bsnedeker

WKR
I feed them gunpowder so they can devour the criminals trying to drop my decimals.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

4 rabbit beagles get Diamond and raw deer scraps. When I process, I throw all the scraps in a 5 gallon bucket then grind after I grind the good stuff. Freeze in gallon bags.

3 inside dogs get Nutro and raw every once in a while. The Nutro has helped immensely with my Brussels Griffon and his seizures. Not sure why or how, but have noticed a huge difference. He also loves to go fishing with me cause he knows I'll toss him a creek chub to munch on every once on a while . He will eat the heck out of minnows and chubs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk