What are your favorite big game harvest bags?

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Rawhide Gear makes a very good set of game bags

small company and not well known but once i tried the bags i was convinced.

Last edited:

GregB

WKR
Caribu Gear bags, I have the carnivore and the muley. I'm thinking about giving the Black Ovis elk bags a try next year.

It looks like the guys at Argali just came out with some UL bags that might be worth taking a look at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAG for backpack goat, sheep, caribou, and black bear. I've never personally met Larry but he made the original, a great product, sponsor, and his outspoken and proven voice at events like the WAC meetings a couple years ago have earned my business. So TAG any time I am living out of a pack.

However, late season stuff like moose or late caribou where I am hunting from a base camp where I have the luxury of meat being protected from the elements, cold weather, and liberal weight restrictions; I go with the grizzly game bags that are $5 a piece at 3 bears. Durable and cheap.

Sled

WKR
I’ve been using Hefty brand bags for years and love them.

but do you reuse those hefty bags? it'd make a handy place to put the trimmings.

as for using plastic trash bags, i have a friend that does that. my meat tastes better than his due to mine getting cooled quicker. might work back east though. i never used bags when i hunted down there. just carry the whole deer out.

N2TRKYS

WKR
but do you reuse those hefty bags? it'd make a handy place to put the trimmings.

as for using plastic trash bags, i have a friend that does that. my meat tastes better than his due to mine getting cooled quicker. might work back east though. i never used bags when i hunted down there. just carry the whole deer out.

I've used them here and out West with no issues. I've used them for everything from turkeys to elk. I do double up on their use. For example, a turkey gets toted out of the woods in one and his carcass stays in that same bag after cleaning it.
They definitely come in handy.

TAG bags for me. When it’s getting into the 70’s and you’re 7 miles from the truck, it’s nice to know you’ve got the best game bags money can buy helping to keep your 200 lbs of meat (earned with a $750 tag) from going bad.

twodogs

FNG
I make my own bags using a light polyester jacket lining, similar to what you would find in an old letterman's jacket. It easily found at a fabric store and it's by far the lightest, most easily compressed bag you'll find. I've been using the same set of four that I made ten years ago. They clean up quite well. All it takes is a few minutes time to sew three side of each bag.

Mosby

WKR
I have the Caribou bags. Both the Wapiti and the Carnivore for boned out meat. They have been great. I have used Alaska Game bags in the past as well and they got the job done. Haven't used any of the others.

DWarcher

WKR
i love my Caribou Gear bags, i have the wapiti set and i think ill pick up the boned out meat set for deer next. after multiple uses on elk they show no signs of wear and very very minimal discoloration after washing. the sizing and shape of the Kuiu product looks really nice.

I started using the Kuiu boned-out meat bags two years ago and you're right, the shape and sizing makes packing a breeze. The handle placement is great too.

Jf2bVDR.jpg

Fitzwho

WKR
I run the Kuiu bags. I was on a Kuiu kick there for a bit. They are the only Kuiu gear that I kept when I pared my gear down. I really like them. I don't think that you can go wrong with them, Caribou Gear, or TAG bags. A buddy of mine has the Black Ovis bags, I think they will be durable and last him awhile. But I just personally don't like the material. I'm weird like that.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
been using Alaskan game bags for close to 2 decades....did not see a need to change cheap get 2-4 usess per bag and replace when needed and very lightweight...they have served me well to date(y):unsure: