What are your favorite big game harvest bags?

Blinn

FNG
I picked up the BlackOvis elk bags off Camofire a few years ago. I have packed out one elk, couple of goats, and a few deer with the same bags. They clean up well, and I plan to continue using them until they rip out. I guess I don't know if it is worth paying more for TAG or Caribou bags. They may very well be worth the extra money, but the BlackOvis ones have worked fine for me. They are definitely better than Alaskan Game Bags or pillow cases...

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up MidwayUSA has Caribou Game Bags for more than 50% off and Cabela's will price match (I just ordered my set to be shipped to my local Cabela's to save on the shipping cost)

ridgefire

WKR
Caribou game bags for me. Been using the same set for 4-5 years now and they have been bullet proof. Expensive for a game bag but knowing the flies can't get into your meat year after year is well worth it imo.

BillB

FNG
Just a heads up MidwayUSA has Caribou Game Bags for more than 50% off and Cabela's will price match (I just ordered my set to be shipped to my local Cabela's to save on the shipping cost)
Thanks for the heads up!
I "misplaced" my set after my last caribou hunt and needed to replace them for this fall. Excellent product and very durable.
Just ordered a set

307archer

FNG
I used the black ovis xl for packing out my dads bull this year. They worked well and cleaned up good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Elk97

WKR
Another vote for the Black Ovis XL bags. They're tough, light and after you wash then they look new. Only one elk in them so far, full bone in quarters fit well. Camofire has them quite ofter for $49.

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve used TAG bags with great success! I’ve been thinking about getting some Black Ovis or Caribou Carnivore Bags. I would like to know if there is actually any difference in the material that they use. Is there really a difference, or is it all pretty much the same, besides different stitching and a label.

I used the Allen backcountry bags as well as a couple of caribou game bags. The caribou game bags are nice, but for $25 for 4 with the Allen's it's hard to go wrong. The material isn't quite as soft but just as tough and breathable and they cleaned out nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DEHusker

WKR
TAG bags here too. Buy one set and use them for life if you take care of them. I use the reg sized (not the BOMB) bags because I've had issues getting boned out meat in those little suckers. I'll suck up the extra 8 oz for the bone-in bags.

rayporter

WKR
I have tried and used.
burlap
woven plastic feed bags
pillow cases
tag bags
caribou bags
sheets.

all work. what ever is most compact will be most likely to be there when you need it.

I always have extra sheets at the truck to wrap around the meat for extra protection.

TAG bags here too. Buy one set and use them for life if you take care of them. I use the reg sized (not the BOMB) bags because I've had issues getting boned out meat in those little suckers. I'll suck up the extra 8 oz for the bone-in bags.

When you say the bone-in bags, are you referring to the 24" wide ones or the 18" ones?

Other than the 14" bags which are obviously for boned out meat, I can't tell from the descriptions what the other bags were intended for. 24x44 seems huge, but 18 seems small?

DEHusker

WKR
When you say the bone-in bags, are you referring to the 24" wide ones or the 18" ones?

Other than the 14" bags which are obviously for boned out meat, I can't tell from the descriptions what the other bags were intended for. 24x44 seems huge, but 18 seems small?

You’re right, there seems to be quite a discrepancy between the two sizes. However, the small ones are definitely too small to get a bone-in quarter into. The larger ones you can get anything into. That’s why I take them. I can put two boned out quarters into one large bag and sometimes that’s what I do. I can’t stand trying to stuff a boned out quarter into those tiny BOMB tag bags, although I know a lotta guys who have no trouble.

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Are the Kuiu bags worth the money?

I bought a set of Kuiu Game bags and my buddy got Caribou Game bags. We both tagged out about 10 minutes apart and in the same snow covered meadow. We got to use both sets for our elk. The Caribou were better in my opinion and am getting a set for this year. They did what they were supposed to do, but what set them apart was the little things. 1st we had no trouble finding them in the dark because of reflective material on the bags. 2nd was the ability tie the bags up with para cord. The Caribou performed better in being able to tie up and then untie once back at camp. 3rd and lastly was that the handles on the Kuiu Tenderloin/Backstrap Bag tore away from the weight of the tenderloins and backstraps when I picked up the bag by the handles. Great idea but it needs a little bit more reinforcement on the handles.

MtnMuley

WKR
TAG Bags. BOMB bags specifically for boned out meat. Pretty sure a lot of the other bags on the market copied Larry's design, his customer service is top notch, and he's a Rokslider.
They absolutely did and that's why I continue to support TAG and Pristine Ventures 100%.

Fjryan

FNG
What size bag for a bone in black bear? Will a deer size work or should I get a larger, elk size, bag? And where do Koola bags fall in the quality spectrum? Any experience out there?

Last edited:

KineKilla

WKR
Black bear will fit in deer sized bags.

I use the Black Ovis bags myself.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
e04a822c14f272598cabc513e915d54e.jpg

wakechase

FNG
I strictly use the Born and Raised edition game bags. They give me that extra edge. Just kidding. I’d rather use a grocery bag. Just kidding. Ovis sacks for me.

ElkNut1

WKR
Personally with near 200 elk quarters in Allen Game bags in 30+ years I'm not looking to change, the Outfitter Series ones are priceless, simply awesome!

ElkNut