What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Makes living on a homestead of sorts much more desirable. I dont like being around people anyways.

I agree. In my eyes there has to be a reset. Everyone knew the global economic structure couldnt sustain what was happening. When it resets, a global currency could be introduced.

Everything I have been following for the past 10-15 years has pointed to this making the depression look like a cake walk. That is if this is what that is.
I really really hope this isnt it

This isnt good that's for sure.
slick, what mask are you using? We are being told at the hospital to wear n95 style masks and put the surgical mask on the patients as they help stop the secretions from being air borne.

Not at will to say having any or not. But they could become very valuable here soon. Same with toilet paper, liquor, sugar, salt and other select goods.

I really am praying none of it becomes any more valuable than the value it held two months ago. I really really want this to go away and return to normality.

Good news is we are hunters. Generally speaking that means we know how to survive without the need of a screen and many of us either live in open spaces or know of open spaces to retreat to if necessary. At the least we know how to obtain more food if need be. Better food than that **** they feed us at the grocery stores.

If you havent thought to buy seeds....I would just in case.

Last edited:

zacattack

WKR
Makes living on a homestead of sorts much more desirable. I dont like being around people anyways.

Not at will to say having any or not. But they could become very valuable here soon. Same with toilet paper, liquor, sugar, salt and other select goods.

I really am praying none of it becomes any more valuable than the value it held two months ago. I really really want this to go away and return to normality.

Good news is we are hunters. Generally speaking that means we know how to survive without the need of a screen and many of us either live in open spaces or know of open spaces to retreat to if necessary. At the least we know how to obtain more food if need be. Better food than that **** they feed us at the grocery stores.

If you havent thought to buy seeds....I would just in case.

Man you may want to step back from the ledge just a little bit.

ODB

WKR
Mark my words...with all of the ramped-up testing, guess what we will find? Coronavirus has been here a lot longer than we thought. The numbers will bear this out, as they will explain the community transmissions. People think that there was zero CV in the USA when China started reporting it, bullshit. Those people with it were most likely treated for flu and went on their merry way. It will also lower the death rate substantially.

Remember, when you go looking for something you are likely to find it

Elk97

WKR
China had multiple deaths before there were any confirmed cases in the US. The first death in US was only a few days ago (60 miles south of me) so the timeline doesn't support that it was in the US prior to China.
I'm thinking we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg, with the long incubation stage and cases showing up in 60+ countries it has had time to spread just about everywhere now.

How many masks will you need to stay protected for the next two years? For you and your whole family? At work and school? Every visit to every store? I'd rather have the flu than wear those things nonstop. I already do at work, and honestly, they suck.
This is pretty ignorant and short sided thinking. This request is based off of medical professionals and first responders needing them to do THEIR jobs safely. If the supply of masks run out because Joe Blow and his prepper friends buy up 2,000 each, where will more come from? Will professionals just pull them out of their butts?

If first responders and hospital workers get sick with the virus and can’t work, who will take care of the patients? How will patrol the streets?

Seems pretty logical and easy to understand to me. 🧐

So I should take more personal risk on because our medical experts didnt stash their own supply of masks? There have been many, many, medical papers written on the fact that another pandemic is not a matter of if but when. Whether its COVID or something else.

Sounds like the people you are defending are the ignorant and short sighted ones. But good job throwing personal attacks into the convo.

ODB

WKR
China had multiple deaths before there were any confirmed cases in the US. The first death in US was only a few days ago (60 miles south of me) so the timeline doesn't support that it was in the US prior to China.
I'm thinking we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg, with the long incubation stage and cases showing up in 60+ countries it has had time to spread just about everywhere now.

Are we to think that China rushes out to tell the world of a perceived failure in their ability to protect their people? No, they do not. They are a high-context culture and will save face at ALL costs - even of their own people. Again, during the “great leap forward” there was a famine in China that killed 40 million people, but but Mao would not a) stop EXPORTS of grain, nor b) ACCEPT foodstuffs to assist the people. This mentality still exists....

Keep in mind, the CDC only released test kits on Feb 6.... how on earth could anyone here know if there was coronavirus if we had no test kits???? We’ve never tested for this strain.

you must be near Bellingham? Then you know damn well that Seattle has a huge Aisian population,with the Chinese being the #1non-resident student at my alma mater UW...

time will tell on this one...

Bobbyboe

WKR
So I should take more personal risk on because our medical experts didnt stash their own supply of masks? There have been many, many, medical papers written on the fact that another pandemic is not a matter of if but when. Whether its COVID or something else.

Sounds like the people you are defending are the ignorant and short sighted ones. But good job throwing personal attacks into the convo.
😂 No attacks thrown from me. I’m just stating the obvious. First off, it’s not practical or logical for any medical facility to hoard products. But also the general public would freak if their costs of care went through the roof because the hospital or any other public agency was prepping. Common sense says health care providers and first responders should have unrestricted access to supplies. They are the ones keeping the masses safe. Without them, there is a greater potential for chaos or loss to happen.

Where are you going to take yourself or family if they get sick? What if that hospital doesn’t have any staff to help because they are sick themselves?

Not trying to start a fight, but it’s easy to envision the type of chaos that could occur if there are no first responders working. Top priority should be to keep all medical staff and first responders healthy and working. They are the ones who will be protecting the people. Pretty simple I’d say.

NDGuy

WKR
Don't forget the mask that doesn't actually protect you from the virus.
That's just simply not true. While it won't filter everything, it absolutely can help against sneezes/coughs.

Why would all healthcare professionals be required to wear them if they don't help at all?

On top of its filtering, it will help prevent you or someone else from accidentally touching your nose or mouth.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Hoarding a ton of masks isnt exactly effective but having some in case one gets sick under ones own roof to me, is not a bad idea. Quarantine an individual inside of a room, in a house, others in the home wear a mask coming in contact with that individual. Obviously others arent wearing them in the home 24/7, but to care for that person. Not everyone is "sick enough" for hospitalization. Preventative measures in the home arent a bad idea. But again, 1,000s of masks under one roof probably isnt the most logical thing to do unless they are for re-sale in the future. Muahaha. Just playing

Do you guys think people are buying them by the hundreds or hundreds of people are buying some of them collectively making the supply short?

We still have our gas masks from the military. Haha. I'll be wearing it to the dentist office tomorrow, just in case. 😜🤤🥴🤣

SoDaky

WKR
"As of Feb. 22, in the current season there were at least 32 million cases of flu in the United States, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 flu deaths, according to the C.D.C. Hospitalization rates among children and young adults this year have been unusually high."

Quote from NY Times.
Now there is something to worry about.Annually -but where are the fearmongers?

Last edited:
😂 No attacks thrown from me. I’m just stating the obvious. First off, it’s not practical or logical for any medical facility to hoard products. But also the general public would freak if their costs of care went through the roof because the hospital or any other public agency was prepping. Common sense says health care providers and first responders should have unrestricted access to supplies. They are the ones keeping the masses safe. Without them, there is a greater potential for chaos or loss to happen.

Where are you going to take yourself or family if they get sick? What if that hospital doesn’t have any staff to help because they are sick themselves?

Not trying to start a fight, but it’s easy to envision the type of chaos that could occur if there are no first responders working. Top priority should be to keep all medical staff and first responders healthy and working. They are the ones who will be protecting the people. Pretty simple I’d say.

I guess the CDC is impractical and illogical for providing a bunch of resources to health Care Providers on how to stockpile in preparation of flu epidemics. You should probably email them and let them know.

I'm also pretty sure the local hospital isn't competing with me for masks at Home Depot and Walmart.

In your crisis situation, if we get to the point that hospitals don't have masks the hospitals will also be overwhelmed and you are most likely on your own like how it played out in China.

Here's my take.

I work in Kirkland, Washington. About a mile from the epicenter of the current outbreak here in WA. They've confirmed that the cases showing up now are related to the first US case in the Snohomish County man from back in Mid-January. It's been circulating unchecked and unknowingly (at least to the public) for a minimum of 6 weeks. I know several people that had a fever with a sore throat and cough a couple weeks back, that wasn't the flu, and they are fine now. Countless people here have already been exposed and are spreading it all over the country and most barely show any symptoms, if any at all, IMO. If you're a healthy person you will likely have a little cold/short flu like symptoms and nothing more. If you're elderly or have underlying health conditions, it seems that the virus is really able to get a foothold in those peoples immune systems and it can be devastating, like every other flu and cold in the history of mankind. If you smoke cigarettes, you should quit today. Literally today. I think when this is all said and done that it will be nothing more than a pretty bad flu like virus with a death rate under 1%. I also think that you could probably add a zero onto the 90,000 world wide infections number that they're reporting, as most cases are so mild that they haven't been/won't ever be counted.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I've noticed many bickering about the hospitals being short on masks. I would argue if China can build a running hospital in 2 weeks for this flu like virus, we Americans should be able to exclusively build and manufacture N95 masks for hospitals.

What does a billionaire do if he/she wants privacy? Build an island or buy an airplane. Heck we even have billionaires wanting to travel to outer space so they are building spaceships.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.