What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which studies? How do you know, are you a physician or researcher?What happens if people with RA and lupus don't take hydrox? Is it life threatening?Are the studies for hospital and prevention invalid? Prevention is generally the best course of action, especially in this situation. Thanks Bill
My GF is a provider at a rheumatology clinic.

Well. My GF is a physician at a Rheumatalogy clinic so I think I’ll take her word over yours on this matter any day in this millennia.

It doesn’t take your GF to understand this stuff. Just go look it up like anyone can or ask someone who specializes in chemical sciences like my wife. Contribute some data instead of just spewing a doctor name drop and thinking that automatically makes you god in a forum.

It doesn’t take your GF to understand this stuff. Just go look it up like anyone can or ask someone who specializes in chemical sciences like my wife. Contribute some data instead of just spewing a doctor name drop and thinking that automatically makes you god in a forum.
Never claimed to be God. Someone asked some questions so I answered them. I never claimed to be a doctor either. Just provided information from a professional in a field that knows far more on the matter than 99% of people. Obviously your wife is in the other 1%.

What’s her professional opinion on all of this then?

Never claimed to be God. Someone asked some questions so I answered them. I never claimed to be a doctor either. Just provided information from a professional in a field that knows far more on the matter than 99% of people. Obviously your wife is in the other 1%.

What’s her professional opinion on all of this then?

She shook her head at everything while I was still an Idiot believing a lot in the media. She is not worried about shortages, has not seen anything alarming at her pharmacy. In short she isn’t concerned about the current treatments being unsafe. Now maybe she would be a bit different if she worked in NYC but I haven’t heard anything concerning coming from her or any other pharmacists she knows.

If you’re going to believe everything you read, I can’t help you.

I asked for some data on the possibility that deaths are under reported, as I hadn’t heard that (I’m not on Twitter, and apparently that’s where the data resides). Once presented with the data, I accepted that it’s possible people die at home and are never tested and never counted. I still also believe there are those edge cases that get counted as COVID that are actually something else. Like watching both Fox and MSNBC, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I am specifically not interested in the politics. Read back thru my posts. I’ve been consistent that politics has no place kn I don’t trust fox and also don’t trust MSNBC. I don’t trust the Ds or the Rs. I’m not affiliated with a political party. I would like facts and data, and I can draw my own conclusions.
Im assuming you believe the cases/deaths in China are not accurate. A certain amount of deductive logic must be used in situations like this. If 150-200 more people are dying in NYC per day when compared to average, it is logical that some of them are from the COVID. I have no idea how many, but certainly some.

Im assuming you believe the cases/deaths in China are not accurate. A certain amount of deductive logic must be used in situations like this. If 150-200 more people are dying in NYC per day when compared to average, it is logical that some of them are from the COVID. I have no idea how many, but certainly some.

At this point, does anyone believe China telling the truth on anything related to Coronavirus?

If I’m not following your logic. If only 150-200 more people are dying in NYC above the average numbers, how do we have such high death counts in NYC? Are some people dying at home and not being counted? Sure sounds plausible. I’m not questioning that. I’m simply stating that there are also just as likely cases of people being on their deathbeds and Coronavirus just being the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I’m saying there is likely some error in the figures in both directions.

It seems like people are willing to accept that the deaths might be under reported, but they’re not willing to consider that they might be over reported in some situations. Why consider one and not the other?

At this point, does anyone believe China telling the truth on anything related to Coronavirus?

If I’m not following your logic. If only 150-200 more people are dying in NYC above the average numbers, how do we have such high death counts in NYC? Are some people dying at home and not being counted? Sure sounds plausible. I’m not questioning that. I’m simply stating that there are also just as likely cases of people being on their deathbeds and Coronavirus just being the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I’m saying there is likely some error in the figures in both directions.

It seems like people are willing to accept that the deaths might be under reported, but they’re not willing to consider that they might be over reported in some situations. Why consider one and not the other?
It's 150-200 people a day dying at home more than normal, outside of hospital. It's possible that they are overstating the deaths, we won't know official counts for months, perhaps a year.
I find it more likely COVID deaths at home are underreported than docs coding deaths as COVID that are not. Of course, I could be wrong.
The problem with a Black Swan event, which this is, is they are so rare that historical data is nil and the data from the event is constantly evolving. Hence the "failure" of the models at predicting anything.

When Dr. Birx says that all those that die with the virus in them, is counted as a Covid 19 death, it is almost criminal to suggest that the death toll is under represented. I'm sure its possible there are lots of people dying at home in NY state that are not getting counted as covid deaths that have it in them. But, I'm sure there are lots of heart patients, stage IV cancer patients, stroke victims, kidney dialysis victims, liver transplant recipients, etc..... that get it and die that otherwise would have died, drastically adding to the count. Anyway you shake it sucks

I hate this and pray for those in the hot ones and, anyone else who might get it. God Bless fellas

Our local slaughter house was supposedly the #3 hotspot in the country today. Gonna be a mess at work on Tuesday.

I think it's both, probably under reported at first and definitely over reported now and not over reported just to make Trump look bad, but that is happening.

I think it's both, probably under reported at first and definitely over reported now and not over reported just to make Trump look bad, but that is happening.
I would guess health professionals are doing their best to make this accurate as possible. That's part of what we need to solve this puzzle. Has nothing to do with Trump. But without the ability to test, and results taking 2 weeks they probably have to make some educated guesses and move on to the next patient.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

When Dr. Birx says that all those that die with the virus in them, is counted as a Covid 19 death, it is almost criminal to suggest that the death toll is under represented.
Incompetant at best, terribley dishonest at worst.
I'm sure its possible there are lots of people dying at home in NY state that are not getting counted as covid deaths that have it in them. But, I'm sure there are lots of heart patients, stage IV cancer patients, stroke victims, kidney dialysis victims, liver transplant recipients, etc..... that get it and die that otherwise would have died, drastically adding to the count. Anyway you shake it sucks
The death rate is real high for those that you mentioned. It's important to organize the data including gender, smoking, health in the data to correctly evaluate the situation. Correct analysis needs to be given to the governors and Trump to make the best decisions, without political bias, good luck. Bill

If you’re going to believe everything you read, I can’t help you.

I asked for some data on the possibility that deaths are under reported, as I hadn’t heard that (I’m not on Twitter, and apparently that’s where the data resides). Once presented with the data, I accepted that it’s possible people die at home and are never tested and never counted. I still also believe there are those edge cases that get counted as COVID that are actually something else. Like watching both Fox and MSNBC, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I am specifically not interested in the politics. Read back thru my posts. I’ve been consistent that politics has no place kn I don’t trust fox and also don’t trust MSNBC. I don’t trust the Ds or the Rs. I’m not affiliated with a political party. I would like facts and data, and I can draw my own conclusions.

Do you have a basis to believe the person to whom the quote was attributed did not say what was quoted our that the basis for his quote is untrue? Other than the quote was referenced in the NYP which you distrust?

I would guess health professionals are doing their best to make this accurate as possible. That's part of what we need to solve this puzzle. Has nothing to do with Trump. But without the ability to test, and results taking 2 weeks they probably have to make some educated guesses and move on to the next patient.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

We are getting test results back in 48 hours or less at this point.

Do you have a basis to believe the person to whom the quote was attributed did not say what was quoted our that the basis for his quote is untrue? Other than the quote was referenced in the NYP which you distrust?
Nope, I just assume that in today’s politically polarized world, everyone has an agenda. And even if they don’t have an agenda overtly, maybe they only watch Fox, or maybe their upbringing biased their mind in some way or another. so any given person’s lense thru which they see the world might not be clear. I don’t completely trust anything, but rather assume the reality of most things is somewhere in the middle of what I read/hear. I believe this is healthy skepticism and critical thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back