What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDGuy

WKR

Mike7

WKR
The kawasaki disease like syndrome/vasculitis is apparently rare with coronavirus, as it is with strep. The important thing is recognizing it and knowing how to treat it. That is all.

I hope that I am wrong, but I think there may be a big surge in the fall when old people have already been lured out of their homes, and this will be at least in part because kids were not allowed to stay in school after spring break to catch this during this Spring. I suspect that this is a huge ongoing mistake. I hope that I am wrong.

Something to ponder for people. Most people at nursing homes are there because they are essentially shutting down/dying. With the majority of COVID related deaths occuring in nursing home residents in many states, are business/community mandated shutdowns really helpful on the whole, when the likelihood is that nursing home residents will die from another organism in their lungs, urine, or blood within 1 yr. In fact over 50% of NH residents die within 6 mos of entering a nursing home, pre-COVID-19 and regardless of how good that home is.

Final thing to ponder, and the most important story in my opinion out of all of this. Is everyone okay with states/governors punitively sicking licensing agencies, CPS, OSHA, the Liqour Board, state Ag inspectors, etc. on business owners??...just because the governors have lost in defending their illegal mandates in court cases and to their legislatures; and because sheriffs & mayors are defying them as well. Gov Insley seemed to joyously tout his ability to use the National Guard to put people on house arrest/quarantine because they/the Guard really know how to follow orders.

Why is every action you take in America now a privilege that you only can perform at the whims of a state licensing agency?...a club now being used by govenors to inhibit the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. That is not freedom, nor will it ever be. What is wrong with voluntary private certification boards? Customers can still know what they are getting. For instance, why do I need the state to certify that i know how to cut hair and require me to pay them for the privilege?

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Final thing to ponder, and the most important story in my opinion out of all of this. Is everyone okay with states/governors punitively sicking licensing agencies, CPS, OSHA, the Liqour Board, state Ag inspectors, etc. on business owners??...just because the governors have lost in defending their illegal mandates in court cases and to their legislatures; and because sheriffs & mayors are defying them as well. Gov Insley seemed to joyously tout his ability to use the National Guard to put people on house arrest/quarantine because they/the Guard really know how to follow orders.

Why is every action you take in America now a privilege that you only can perform at the whims of a state licensing agency?...a club now being used by govenors to inhibit the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. That is not freedom, nor will it ever be. What is wrong with voluntary private certification boards? Customers can still know what they are getting. For instance, why do I need the state to certify that i know how to cut hair and require me to pay them for the privilege?

I was talking to my pops the other day about this. How it seems like some in positions of authority have figured out how easily they can control aspects of life that I believe they have no business controlling. And I hope it doesn’t become the new norm.

We got to that topic by talking about churches. I don’t think the gov should be able to shut down worship services. I believe, if I was clergy, I would shut down services out of caution during times like these. But I don’t think the gov should be ordering that. Because all constitutional rights are super important, and freedom of religion is one of the things that makes this country what it is.

Not looking to start a raging debate, and I’m not a religious guy, so it’s not really about that, it’s about liberty. At least to me.

In a positive turn of a events Kansas Governor Kelly’s orders has lost a little bit of punch.

The kawasaki disease like syndrome/vasculitis is apparently rare with coronavirus, as it is with strep. The important thing is recognizing it and knowing how to treat it. That is all.

I hope that I am wrong, but I think there may be a big surge in the fall when old people have already been lured out of their homes, and this will be at least in part because kids were not allowed to stay in school after spring break to catch this during this Spring. I suspect that this is a huge ongoing mistake. I hope that I am wrong.

Something to ponder for people. Most people at nursing homes are there because they are essentially shutting down/dying. With the majority of COVID related deaths occuring in nursing home residents in many states, are business/community mandated shutdowns really helpful on the whole, when the likelihood is that nursing home residents will die from another organism in their lungs, urine, or blood within 1 yr. In fact over 50% of NH residents die within 6 mos of entering a nursing home, pre-COVID-19 and regardless of how good that home is.

It’s the liberal way. Liberal politicians, with the help of untold billions in donations, has convinced their followers that in order to be legitimate or justified, in anything, it requires credence from government saying you are as much. You are also exactly right in the ideology that nothing in that train of thought, is based on individual freedoms.

Americans long ago lost the will to fight for freedom. Simply put, as life became easier for the average American, government has slipped into to claim their part of YOUR pie. And, the current generations allow it. It sucks. It’s unfair. And, it started long ago. So, how on earth could older generations expect younger Americans to appreciate the sacrifices our ancestors gave to give us this country? Simply said, it can’t be blamed on anyone but, everyone must take responsibility for it if we are to fix it.

you see quotes on media all the time by people saying freedom isn’t free. Well, it isn’t. Not one penny of it is. And, It takes blood and sacrifice to ensure it remains. Yet, the average American tends to categorize people as simpleton red necks when they say as much. It’s all working in favor of making this republic weaker until it disappears. And, it is only possible due to our neglect as citizens ofthis republic.

I’ll go to my death bed in wonderment of this debacle. So many country wide, even on this forum, reciting the mindless dribble that was spoon fed by people who’s idea of the future of this country are a far cry from the patriots that earned it in battle, and defined it in doctrine to give it to us. They understood the responsibility it took to do it. And, it’s sad to see that the average American doesn’t want or care to harbor that same responsibility.

we truly are doomed if we don’t right this wrong. And, if it takes being called a red neck for saying so, I’m fine with that. Because nothing will come of this except more stripping of freedom’s.

Lawnboi

WKR
Well WI is open now. Court ruled... bars opened next day.

Everyone keeps on saying 2 more weeks, ohh 2 more weeks it will be here. Maybe I’ll eat my words but it’s been 2 months, healthcare employees are now being furloughed and people on unemployment are now taking home more than I do working 56 hours a week. We have had cases since early March.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this is a reliable site or not. If its accurate its pretty crappy.

MattB

WKR
Not sure if this is a reliable site or not. If its accurate its pretty crappy.

Here in NorCal, we are way past flattening the curve. My county of 1.92MM was an original hotspot and we had 9 new cases yesterday. Last week averaged ~15/day. Now we are just screwing the economy and healthy people's lives out of fear.

SoCal on the other hand is having problems. LA County is just over 5x our size and had 1,180 new cases yesterday.

jmez

WKR
Fear is a powerful motivator. People are scared of the virus, they see the way to protect themselves is to stay home and make everyone else do the same. They use the facade of we must save every life to justify controlling others. In most cases it's just a deep seeded fear.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
my brothers friends grandmother had cancer and decided to stop eating and just let herself go. She died and the hospital classified her death as covid-19

Rmauch20

WKR

A government coronavirus antibody test study has revealed 17% of people in London and 5% of people outside the capital have already had the illness”

So around 1,526,940 in London alone. Then around 2,850,000 in the rest of the UK. If we assume this study is even ballpark accurate that would bring the Fatality rate to around 0.00822492426. LOL!
I hope everyone gets tested so we can see the true numbers and then we will see just how stupid this all went.
Chicken little on!

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
If the actual death rate is very small does it really matter how many people test +?

I think I read that there was 1/3 the deaths from flu this 2019-2020 flu season....than the last few seasons. That's around 40,000 less flu deaths....if that is the actual count.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
So, the 'count' is a false count?

That's pretty messed up since the 'count' is the reason for lots of bad things happening to us all.

The gym is open now and in a week or so I will be able to even use the locker room.....and maybe even shower....if the government lets me.....

Backyard

WKR

Mike7

WKR
Not necessarily all false counts...but one could surmise that for those hanging on by a thread (a lot), if the covid don't get ya, the flu will. Thus, fewer compromised people left to die in a death classified as flu related, if taken by COVID.

We just got antibody tests this week that are supposed to be 98-99% sensitive and specific to SARS-2. If true, that is a great improvement. Some of this stuff still needs some FDA confirmation, but it sounds promising for use in future studies and pt management.

MattB

WKR
This is interesting:
my fast research shows...
2017-18 flu deaths were 79,000.
2018-19 flu deaths were 61,000.
2019-20 flu deaths were under 20,000.

What is interesting is your data for prior years shows well more deaths than the CDC's actual numbers. Even more interesting is the 2018-2019 number you show is above the upper bound of the CDC's 95% confidence interval range (26K-53K). More interesting yet is that your 2019-2020 number is below the lower bound of the CDC's 95% CI for the partial current year flu deaths (Oct. 1, 2019 to present, 24K-62K).

2010-11 flu deaths were 37,000
2011-12 flu deaths were 12,000
2012-13 flu deaths were 43,000
2013-14 flu deaths were 38,000
2014-15 flu deaths were 51,000
2016-17 flu deaths were 23,000
2017-18 flu deaths were 61,000
2018-19 flu deaths were 34,157
2019-20 flu deaths were 24,000-62,000

I wonder what the purpose could be for posting apparently false data from prior years to make it look worse than it was as compared to CDC data, posting apparently false data from the current year to make it look less severe than it was (while not calling out comparing partial year data to full year data), and not showing a broader data set which would show the partial year 2019-2020 data to be more in line with the 10 year average? Seems odd...

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR
Camp grounds plumb full here . 100’s boats on the water. Everything open and I see a few masks here and there. 5 confirmed cases in my county a month ago all five recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.