What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoDaky

WKR
A little levity at dire times,courtesy of a friend:

“At least they solved the toilet paper mystery.
One person coughs,10 crap their pants”.

Stay well all-from an at risk guy.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m laughing my butt off as all the terrible parents show their true colors. Wherever I go or get on Facebook people are bitching because they actually have to take care of their kids since schools are closed.

tdot

WKR
So what is her hospitals plan when all the physicians are quarantined?

There are currently working on contingency plans for their contingency plans, and the plan they had yesterday was thrown out by 8am this morning.

When you say 2000km away, it makes me think not in the USA. The fact that you can not even give a state or country makes me wonder...

Billinsd

WKR
I’m laughing my butt off as all the terrible parents show their true colors. Wherever I go or get on Facebook people are bitching because they actually have to take care of their kids since schools are closed.
Sadly, that's what schools have become to many parents. Way over on the other extreme end, my wife I are working and planning for the kids to be productive while they are out of school. My daughter will start preparing for an AP test in May, practice driving, and prepare her Girl Scout Gold Award proposal. My son will spend time learning to code, and work on his Boy Scout Merit Badges, read some books. Bill

Billinsd

WKR
There are currently working on contingency plans for their contingency plans, and the plan they had yesterday was thrown out by 8am this morning.
Maybe they will bring in physicians assistants? Sounds logical.

tdot

WKR
Maybe they will bring in physicians assistants? Sounds logical.
They're trying to get some retired docs back in too.

This isn't the only hospital that stuff like this is going on at.

They've been in contact with some Italian hospitals and apparently over there Docs and nurse who are currently infected are back to work. No other option.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sadly, that's what schools have become to many parents. Way over on the other extreme end, my wife I are working and planning for the kids to be productive while they are out of school. My daughter will start preparing for an AP test in May, practice driving, and prepare her Girl Scout Gold Award proposal. My son will spend time learning to code, and work on his Boy Scout Merit Badges, read some books. Bill

I was a teacher for 12 years and left the profession for the exact reasons I mentioned in my previous post, I was nothing but a baby sitter to the community and any difficult decisions made by the school district ultimately led to teachers getting screwed over in order to pander to the communities who are receiving free education and meals. It really pissed me off. Snow day??? Yeah just make the teachers teach on a Saturday to make it up, god forbid the parents have to deal with their own kids for a day....

jmez

WKR
Since children are a zero risk population the school closings make no sense. The adults they come in contact with aren't out traveling around because they are in school as well.

Safest place in the country would be a school. But we'll close those and turn that population loose.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CoSwede

FNG
This has been an interesting thread. It has offered a bit of levity and even some useful information in what is otherwise a difficult time for many of us. I remember Rinella talking about people's use of certain terms like "squirrely" or "Western" as in things are a bit squirrely now or things are about to get Western. Well, from my perspective we are going from squirrely to Western rather quickly. My chosen profession is to own and operate Assisted Living Facilities for the elderly and as we all know by now this virus is particularly hard on the types of folks we take care of. We have been watching and preparing for this for quite a while now. Fortunately, before the general public wiped out Sam's and others I was able to put together enough supplies to last until things get back to a "new" normal. I've got to plan for a worse case scenario. We've been wiping down surfaces so much we'll need a new paint job by the time we're through with this! We've locked down our facilities to all non essential visitors and anyone (including staff) coming through the door has to answer a battery of questions regarding their health and travel history before they are allowed to enter - each and every time. Understandably this has some of our younger staff a bit concerned as they've never delt with a situation like this. I can see a point in the future if, heaven forbid it comes into one of our buildings that we will have folks refusing to come to work or everyone in quarantine with nobody left to work. As I said, I saw the train coming early enough to have several month of food on hand and a decent amount of supplies. As you might imagine the increased frequency of cleaning/sanitizing will cause these supplies to run out far quicker than previously. Hopefully by then folks will have stopped hoarding TP and hand sanitizer and my residents and staff can get what they need. Would I prefer to wait this out at the cabin in the mountains? - Yep, but this is what we signed up for and the families of our residents know that we will do everything possible to see their mom and dad through these interesting times we are in. Depending on how this all plays out the potential exists that I could lose my business due to lack of clients. I doubt that will happen but the possibility looms in the back of my mind during those many hours I'm laying awake thinking of strategies to get though this. Yep, from my perspective things are definitely getting "Western" now....

zacattack

WKR
Since children are a zero risk population the school closings make no sense. The adults they come in contact with aren't out traveling around because they are in school as well.

Safest place in the country would be a school. But we'll close those and turn that population loose.

A lot of times kids are asymptomatic carriers for different diseases. Keeping them home to prevent spread and transmission makes perfect sense.

tdot

WKR
France Health Minister has suggested that there may be a link between the use if anti inflammatories (ibuprofen, etc) and worse CV19 outcomes. Still no hard data on that. But it is something that is being watched.

tdot

WKR

I heard that one of the first deaths in Washington was a child.

They are considered low risk, not zero risk, and I hate to bring up the fact that the kids in the US have a different set of preexisting conditions then alot of the kids elsewhere in the world. Obesity, asthma, etc. So that subset of the population hasnt been tested with CV19 and other health factors.

Stocks in Sony and Microsoft will likely go up from the amount of additional online gaming.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
A lot of times kids are asymptomatic carriers for different diseases. Keeping them home to prevent spread and transmission makes perfect sense.
Read the publication put out by the WHO. And in a school they are contained and controlled, exactly what they are asking everyone to try to do.

I just spoke to my wife, at her hospital she is the only ER doc who hasnt dealt directly with a possible CC19 case. That is until this AM. 4 cases in an hour who have been tested, but she's 90% sure theyll be positive. As, all 4 presented exactly the same and are just a little different then any combo of symptoms she had seen before.

5 of the other doctors are in quarantine, one who wasn't in quarantine is showing symptoms, and is now quarantined. My wife has been asked to more then double her normal shifts and to be on call for the remaining days.

The hospitals are not set up for something this infectious. Its wild.

The crazy part is, we are supposed to move at the end of the month. Our apartment was to be listed for sale on Monday. She works 2000km away and flys to work. Looks like I may have to move with the 2 kids, so we can be there with her. Not sure how I'm supposed to break this news to my business partner. Life is gonna get spicy, quick.

If you dont mind, what state are you in?

Rich M

WKR
This has been an interesting thread. It has offered a bit of levity and even some useful information in what is otherwise a difficult time for many of us. I remember Rinella talking about people's use of certain terms like "squirrely" or "Western" as in things are a bit squirrely now or things are about to get Western. Well, from my perspective we are going from squirrely to Western rather quickly. My chosen profession is to own and operate Assisted Living Facilities for the elderly and as we all know by now this virus is particularly hard on the types of folks we take care of. We have been watching and preparing for this for quite a while now. Fortunately, before the general public wiped out Sam's and others I was able to put together enough supplies to last until things get back to a "new" normal. I've got to plan for a worse case scenario. We've been wiping down surfaces so much we'll need a new paint job by the time we're through with this! We've locked down our facilities to all non essential visitors and anyone (including staff) coming through the door has to answer a battery of questions regarding their health and travel history before they are allowed to enter - each and every time. Understandably this has some of our younger staff a bit concerned as they've never delt with a situation like this. I can see a point in the future if, heaven forbid it comes into one of our buildings that we will have folks refusing to come to work or everyone in quarantine with nobody left to work. As I said, I saw the train coming early enough to have several month of food on hand and a decent amount of supplies. As you might imagine the increased frequency of cleaning/sanitizing will cause these supplies to run out far quicker than previously. Hopefully by then folks will have stopped hoarding TP and hand sanitizer and my residents and staff can get what they need. Would I prefer to wait this out at the cabin in the mountains? - Yep, but this is what we signed up for and the families of our residents know that we will do everything possible to see their mom and dad through these interesting times we are in. Depending on how this all plays out the potential exists that I could lose my business due to lack of clients. I doubt that will happen but the possibility looms in the back of my mind during those many hours I'm laying awake thinking of strategies to get though this. Yep, from my perspective things are definitely getting "Western" now....

Just read this thing on MSN - some guy and his brother went and bought up all the hand sanitizer and wipes from every store within X miles and was selling to the highest bidder - he was then stopped by amazon and whatever (my computer froze) for selling hand sanitizer at up to $70/bottle and N95 masks up to $125/each. Glad they stopped him, but he's got XX,000 or XXX,000 bottles or something like that. Says it is his right to make money off it.

That's where the stuff the public needs went to.

Hope you guys can make it thru without any incidents. Sounds like you are more prepared than most.

EastMT

WKR
Well it looks like the total knee replacement my wife was supposed to be getting on Wednesday is canceled. Poor girl is in so much pain it’s ridiculous, basically bone on bone, but they are calling it an elective surgery.

She’s had to use those dang electric carts at the store for awhile now, they didn’t want to replace it as she was too young, but finally got bad enough that they had to do it. It’s probably the best of a bad situation, don’t want her having problems and not room to treat her, hopefully this blows over fast, with less problems than Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.