What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brushape

WKR
I just got notice an hour ago that the daycare we go to is closed tomorrow and they expect us to pay in full for two weeks while the kids are at home with whoever we have to pay to watch them. Steamed is an understatement, I’m seeing red. They expect to pay for the two weeks they were out plus the first week back on Monday two weeks from tomorrow. Contract states snow days and holidays are the only days where the kids don’t go and we have to pay. I heard from one of the teachers she didn’t want to pay unemployment for two weeks so stuck it on us
Screw that, they wouldn’t see another dime of my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Are accdents contagious?
Are you for real or what ?

If the national death toll from traffic accidents is the same as from kung flu for the same period of time, using some of the current logic driving should be illegal....but it is not because more people died today in the USA from traffic accidents than have from kung flu in 2020.

Can you grasp the comparison? Driving is deadlier than kung flu....as of now....by far, about 80x deadlier. When kung flu kills 7000 a week in the USA it will be equally as dangerous as driving in the USA. I felt that was simple to understand, so yes I am serious.

tdot

WKR
If the national death toll from traffic accidents is the same as from kung flu for the same period of time, using some of the current logic driving should be illegal....but it is not because more people died today in the USA from traffic accidents than have from kung flu in 2020.

Can you grasp the comparison? Driving is deadlier than kung flu....as of now....by far, about 80x deadlier. When kung flu kills 7000 a week in the USA it will be equally as dangerous as driving in the USA. I felt that was simple to understand, so yes I am serious.

Driving is a choice.

Covid19 isnt.

Trial153

WKR
Hysteria certainly is.
Nope, not enough time to be hysterical while doing our jobs, even close to being fully staffed. I have medics on my schedule for 84 and 96 hours a week this month and we still have holes in coverage.

KurtR

WKR
That’s like saying well more people die of heart disease so I wouldn’t even try to prevent cancer.

We invaded 2 countries for less than the number dead from hijacked airplanes, so no need to avoid terrorism. Less soldiers died and than from the virus already

Illegal aliens only killed a few, so tear down the wall

Just because one number is bigger for the time being, you don’t ignore another.

never said ignore it we wear seat belts and have safety measures. This also could be dealt with using a little common sense. If the numbers put out about h1n1 are true where was the hysteria then?

apparently it isn't the popular perspective, I skimmed through this thread, and read the last few pages, and my perspective on this whole thing pretty much seems identical to yours

EastMT

WKR
Well if my wife catches this crap, I’d say she has a low chance of making it. She has 65% lung function due to severe asthma, gets pneumonia with a decent head cold, so if she’s .00001% and you don’t GAF, you can kiss my a$$.

Trial153

WKR

This comparison is so off base that it doenst warrent a response , almost all our membership here is intelligent enough to not need it spelled out for them..

They certainly didn’t panic the nation in 2009 with Obama in the White House when the Swine flu killed 12000+ Americans. 59 MILLION contracted the virus with 260000+ hospitalized. He didn’t even declare a national emergency until months later. The press gave him a pass. Nothing was closed, no run on TP, March Madness was played, restaurants stayed open....etc.

The MSM treated Obama much different. This is clearly political.

330,000,000 people in the US. 69 Coronavirus deaths: 69/330,000,000 = .0000002091 of the population.

Thank you I've been saying this from the beginning

tsm213

FNG
This comparison is so off base that it doenst warrent a response , almost all our membership here is intelligent enough to not need it spelled out for them..

Just unsubscribe from this thread trials. That’s what I’m doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Seattle just announced shut down of all restaurants and bars. They are gonna need to raise taxes so you can help pay for their bailout

ODB

WKR
Ok hospitals are full, ventilators are taken. What good is technology for the rest? I guess they can google treatment options.....

We so far have one treatment for this, it’s an Ebola med. I’m guessing it’s not in supply for a pandemic as large as a Spanish flu, but I don’t know.

Are no current meds for it according to CDC. And any med for hemorrhagic fever doesn’t seem anywhere close for this. The best bet is for pts at risk to get pneumonia shots to help the respiratory issues.

everyone is so fixated on ventilators. I think this is a result of shitty reporting on recovered cases. We see positive and death numbers rise, but no one ever mentions how many are recovering. The inference is that the 2000 positives in the US are permanent numbers. This is helping to drive the hysteria because it only shows a growing number. Even if a graph shows a slow in positives, the assumptions is that those positives that came earlier are still there, when for the most part, they are not.

ODB

WKR
Well if my wife catches this crap, I’d say she has a low chance of making it. She has 65% lung function due to severe asthma, gets pneumonia with a decent head cold, so if she’s .00001% and you don’t GAF, you can kiss my a$$.
Does she get pneumonia shots?

jmcd22

WKR
Give em time and they will have you line up outside and only let so many in at at once....

Already happening...I have a friend in Washington that said the cops were out front of the local Costco and they would only let so many in...they weren't even able to grab a cart on their own...it was given to them.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR

I am intelligent enough to know that something that is 80x more likely to kill you is more dangerous than something that is 80x less likely to kill you.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Already happening...I have a friend in Washington that said the cops were out front of the local Costco and they would only let so many in...they weren't even able to grab a cart on their own...it was given to them.

E-Z to see that some will accept anything that presents the illusion of safety.

jmez

WKR
The whole problem here is perspective is sorely lacking.

485 people die of cancer every day in Italy.

Corona deaths since first detected, 1,809.
Cancer deaths since Corona detected, 22,310.

Perspective. Concerning, absolutely. Mass hysteria and panic, maybe not yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
Nope, not enough time to be hysterical while doing our jobs, even close to being fully staffed. I have medics on my schedule for 84 and 96 hours a week this month and we still have holes in coverage.

Careful, don't want to tweak a shoulder patting yourself on the back. When this thing blows over we'll still have bow season to think about.

Conroy

WKR
There’s a family near me that everyone is sick. Five people coughing, chills, and fevers over 103°. They went to urgent care and took a test that was negative for the flu. No test for Coronavirus. They are back home riding it out under self quarantine. Their numbers don’t count toward the total positive results. If everyone who was sick was tested, the positive results would skyrocket and the percentage of deaths from corona would drop to below flu numbers. Pandemic cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.