What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It comes off as being 'Murican.

Well, if 'Muricans are the only ones left in America that fully support and defend the Constitution, then you can ridicule us and call us whatever you want. That's your right. ;) Did you know that the term "Christian" was originally made up as a derogatory term for those that followed Christ? I'll wear it as a badge of honor........as well as Patriot, Constitutionalist, American, and 'Murican if that so pleases you.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think the danger in allowing businesses to make that decision is, all will choose to stay open. If they choose to stay open, but employees choose to stay home, the employee will be fired.

If the employer chooses to stay open and fires all their workers, they won't be open or in business for long. If some choose to stay home and get fired, there's always that money bag in the sky (Uncle Sam) that so many rely on already. Just look at the ideas being floated around Congress......why stop at $2 trillion........go for $100 trillion.......it's just paper apparently.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Trying doesn't make you great, doing does. And that is where we have the resources to excel. Will we? Only time will tell.

We can't really excel when the nation is shut down and liberties are discarded out of convenience. That's like saying "well we have this Constitution here which is great, but we can ignore it if we feel it's for the best". That's why we have it.......so THAT doesn't happen.

Patrick Henry didn't say "......give me liberty or give me death.......until you feel like taking liberty away for convenience, or extenuating circumstances".

Being concerned about something that has never happened before and what the results of something that has never happened before may be is prudent.

I want everyone to recognize that Zap kept an open mind and his opinion has been fluid (as in he is willing to change is mind based upon the changing circumstances). I think this is where we should all be.

2 weeks ago is not now, and two weeks from today it won't be what it is now. Better or worse. Those who think we shouldn't shut things down, please examine expert oppinions across a broad base, those who think the world is ending, do the same.

My guess, shits gonna get pretty bad for awhile in these hot zones because there are way more infected than are being counted. And the 10% that need hospitalized is a much larger number than anticipated. But I would love 2-3 weeks from now for some of you to say "told you it was the media and not worth a shut down". But the alternative is someone like me saying, told you it was worth it while thousands of bodies stack up. . .

Just keep perspective and realize it's not just the US doing this, countries across the world, from all political spectrums are fighting this and using shutdowns and distancing to do it. . . So someone must have some solid evidence that it is worth it. Otherwise we wouldn't be wrecking the global economy in the short term to do it.

(Unless it's a play for 1 world government and if that is your true belief, there is also a big foot thread you should deep dive!) P.s. sorry big foot people!

MattB

WKR
Well, if 'Muricans are the only ones left in America that fully support and defend the Constitution, then you can ridicule us and call us whatever you want. That's your right. ;) Did you know that the term "Christian" was originally made up as a derogatory term for those that followed Christ? I'll wear it as a badge of honor........as well as Patriot, Constitutionalist, American, and 'Murican if that so pleases you.

This nation has a history of self of self sacrifice and is part of what made this country great. An example that my grandparents spoke of was the rationing of supplies domestically during World War II for the benefit of the troops abroad. This is no different, other than perhaps in the 1940's there weren't people who protested that sugar rationing violated their Constitutional rights and then invoked patriotism in their own defense.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
We can't really excel when the nation is shut down and liberties are discarded out of convenience. That's like saying "well we have this Constitution here which is great, but we can ignore it if we feel it's for the best". That's why we have it.......so THAT doesn't happen.

Patrick Henry didn't say "......give me liberty or give me death.......until you feel like taking liberty away for convenience, or extenuating circumstances".

What are you even talking about? Even in instances where shelter in place orders exist, the nation is not "shut down". There are defined Essential Businesses and Essential Workers who keep manufacturing and distributing certain good and services. Many non-essential people are able to work from home.

You act like orders by state and local governments asking people to social distance are tantamount to a constitutional amendment. They aren't and implying they are the same is simply hyperbole.

Trial153

WKR
Still way to many people out an about in NY for really stupid unnecessary reasons considering the situation.

I want everyone to recognize that Zap kept an open mind and his opinion has been fluid (as in he is willing to change is mind based upon the changing circumstances). I think this is where we should all be.

2 weeks ago is not now, and two weeks from today it won't be what it is now. Better or worse. Those who think we shouldn't shut things down, please examine expert oppinions across a broad base, those who think the world is ending, do the same.

My guess, shits gonna get pretty bad for awhile in these hot zones because there are way more infected than are being counted. And the 10% that need hospitalized is a much larger number than anticipated. But I would love 2-3 weeks from now for some of you to say "told you it was the media and not worth a shut down". But the alternative is someone like me saying, told you it was worth it while thousands of bodies stack up. . .

Just keep perspective and realize it's not just the US doing this, countries across the world, from all political spectrums are fighting this and using shutdowns and distancing to do it. . . So someone must have some solid evidence that it is worth it. Otherwise we wouldn't be wrecking the global economy in the short term to do it.

(Unless it's a play for 1 world government and if that is your true belief, there is also a big foot thread you should deep dive!) P.s. sorry big foot people!
I agree, and I think most have kept a fluid point of view.... even some of the seeming "hard liners" that still keep their stance.... they see our current reality, but also have their opinions.... we can't all agree with each other, especially on this subject with so much question, fear, hype, etc.... none of us can think we know what's best, if you do, you're delusional.... the professionals don't know what's what right now, even if they speak in a matter of fact way.... they have their theories based on information, some may even be right, but they just don't know.

no need to start insulting each other or get stuck in your ways here.... it's a lot to process, and impossible to be mentally prepared for, not knowing how this will shake out.

this IS America, and we have a way of always coming out on top, we will here too, but it takes a collaborative effort, which has to be forced upon some, because we aren't good at policing ourselves.

Oregon just issued a "stay at home" order, but we knew that was coming, no big surprise..... some are scared by that, but it's pretty much the same as it's been besides non essential businesses have to close rather than urged to close. lots of places still to get essentials, not a huge deal, and at this point I agree with it since the tourists cannot follow recommendations.

BTW, "bigfoot people" is derogatory, the PC term is "squatchers"

Jauwater

WKR
Sasquatch has probably infected more people then the virus. Why hasn't Sasquatch became a pandemic!? Just seeing the big guys Johnson has created ravenous jealousy among men, and envy amongst women. Sasquatch is ruining lives, and relationships. It shouldn't be taken lightly.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Shut down order for my county takes effect @ midnight. Like a bad dream, someone please wake me......

EastMT

WKR
I listened to a pretty positive podcast today, and it put a few things in perspective. The cruise ship where everyone was locked in, only 20% showed symptoms, then 10% needed care, so 2% of the population.

The death rate is falling, I think we will end up pretty low as they learn treatment options, is shared well.

I think in a few weeks we will be back up and going, by summer chugging along, markets going up. I’m not digging a fallout shelter this weekend, I’ll wait a few more weeks.

Hopefully we do control it enough to keep the hospitals from using tent cities, but we didn’t beat Germany, Spanish flu, Germany, polio, measles, Osama, jihad, ISIS, just to crash and burn now. It will be a few more PITA weeks, then we are gonna rip back.

MattB

WKR
Just looking at the daily infection numbers, it looks like the shelter in place orders are working in CA and WA. Not sure if it is just gaps in reporting and/or testing differentials, but WA showed 0 new cases day over day and CA showed 183. Unfortunately NY has had 5,000+ new cases in each of the past 2 days, and NY's deaths from just yesterday (43) have exceeded CA's total (38). Loisiana had 14 deaths yesterday (only other state in double digits, 34 total).

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
Shut down order for my county takes effect @ midnight. Like a bad dream, someone please wake me......
Several states are already doing this. What are you most worried about? You are not literally locked inside your house. Can still take care of necessities as you need to.

Bobbyboe

WKR
In my State the positive numbers are no longer following the exponential growth trend. I believe, and take with a grain of salt, we will peak this week within my State. That being said, the State just signed a stay at home order, which take effect tomorrow. I may be wrong, but it seems that the national rate has also slowed a bit.

I am a first responder, but not a medical professional and these are just my opinion. Man I hope I’m right!

Hopefully this week is our peak and we can all go back to talking about Kuiu vs Sitka or if a 6.5 creed can kill an elk.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

CorbLand

WKR
What most worries me is that this is unprecedented so no one knows what to expect....the 'new norm' bar gets raised each day.
This scares me a lot too. It will be interesting to see how this affects us as a country in the next 6 months.

jmez

WKR
There will be an effect no doubt. South Dakota, as expected has a pretty low case rate. We haven't been shut down yet but are going to before the weekend.

Article in the paper this am, the State Unemployment office added 16 new workers yesterday to assist the 11 they normally use due to case demand. The economic impact of this thing is going to be real, just as real as the virus. There are a lot of people losing jobs here already and we don't have a problem or a shutdown. Large, national companies are firing lower tier employees. They are offering them severance packages to try to offset some to all of the unemployment.

New York is exactly what you would expect when you get a novel virus introduced. Talked to a buddy of mine this am that lives between Albany and Schenectady. He said a few positive tests but most aren't being tested. Most are showing no to mild clinical signs. Said it isn't bad around there.

If we get a worst case scenario, the lock down will be voluntary. Once we all know loved ones fighting for their live’s, we won’t need to be told by the government. The country will go full war machine, every US manufacturing plant will convert to production of hospital equipment, and all the survivors with immunity will be called upon to replace sick workers at the manufacturing plants and hospitals. I certainly don’t want this future, but I’m afraid this can be the reality of our country in a month from now. To think that a disease doesn’t hardly effect healthy people, but kills unhealthy people is wishful thinking. It may be that this virus is so bad, that it kicks your ass and puts you in bed feeling like you’re breathing through a thin straw for a week thinking you’re dying, but the healthy people pull through. I don’t want that for my loved one when health care is not readily available. If you contract the virus this week, you’ll be sick in 3 weeks. That may be a bad time for the health care system. I’m going to play it safe for a couple of weeks. I hope you can all laugh at me soon because I overreacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you agree then........you do value lives and death differently depending on the circumstances. That's exactly what I stated. It's not the comparison that's ludicrous......it's that the differing of value happening in our society that's ludicrous.

If you twist my words enough, and convince yourself that was my meaning..sure, we said the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.