What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an accurate test first.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Very few medical test are ever 100% accurate...is it acceptable that the standard test to determining if you are currently COVID positive share similar inaccuracies?

The point being is the general public has been exposed and mass antibody testing will prove just that.

So....at work here they are making some really huge changes. Pretty sure we are getting in position for something pretty big. I think I mentioned Trump positioning us for something. This only backs that up....
If the virus wasnt big enough, this will surely knock peoples socks off.
Everyone needs to be ready. Not saying it lightly...

In other news, I drew my buck tag 😜

So....at work here they are making some really huge changes. Pretty sure we are getting in position for something pretty big. I think I mentioned Trump positioning us for something. This only backs that up....
If the virus wasnt big enough, this will surely knock peoples socks off.
Everyone needs to be ready. Not saying it lightly...

In other news, I drew my buck tag 😜

OK you peaked my curiosity what type of work are you in?

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

It would be nice if some other states followed suit...cough...NY...Cough.

Very few medical test are ever 100% accurate...is it acceptable that the standard test to determining if you are currently COVID positive share similar inaccuracies?

The point being is the general public has been exposed and mass antibody testing will prove just that.
It is not acceptable that any of the tests are inaccurate, that is the whole point. None of these tests, active infection or antibody are verified. They are all conditionally approved, some of them are showing huge inaccuracy. No data is better than bad data.

I don't think anyone would argue that the infection rate is being broadly underestimated/reported. We have no idea to what degree. Bad test results don't help with that.

All approved medical tests must fall into an acceptable range of sensitivity and specificity. None of the current tests have to been approved and verified to fall within those ranges. A 1% error in either of those will result in huge inaccuracy in results.

That's a problem as well. I'm not anti vaccine at all. No way I'm getting a vaccine that is rushed to market.

People in their mask while driving is what looks extremely silly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats nothing, I went for a hike today with some weight in my pack and 5 miles in on a well used trail I come up on a single guy maybe in his 50s with a mask on.

I know I look odd with a pack and a bag of pool salt strapped to it but that blew my mind.

Sheep!

If you’re wondering whether to wear or not to wear, consider this. The day before yesterday, 21 people died of COVID-19 in Japan. In the United States, 2,129 died. Comparing overall death rates for the two countries offers an even starker point of comparison with total U.S. deaths now at a staggering 76,032 and Japan’s fatalities at 577. Japan’s population is about 38% of the U.S., but even adjusting for population, the Japanese death rate is a mere 2% of America’s.

This comes despite Japan having no lockdown, still-active subways, and many businesses that have remained open—reportedly including karaoke bars, although Japanese citizens and industries are practicing social distancing where they can. Nor have the Japanese broadly embraced contact tracing, a practice by which health authorities identify someone who has been infected and then attempt to identify everyone that person might have interacted with—and potentially infected. So how does Japan do it?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

If you’re wondering whether to wear or not to wear, consider this. The day before yesterday, 21 people died of COVID-19 in Japan. In the United States, 2,129 died. Comparing overall death rates for the two countries offers an even starker point of comparison with total U.S. deaths now at a staggering 76,032 and Japan’s fatalities at 577. Japan’s population is about 38% of the U.S., but even adjusting for population, the Japanese death rate is a mere 2% of America’s.

This comes despite Japan having no lockdown, still-active subways, and many businesses that have remained open—reportedly including karaoke bars, although Japanese citizens and industries are practicing social distancing where they can. Nor have the Japanese broadly embraced contact tracing, a practice by which health authorities identify someone who has been infected and then attempt to identify everyone that person might have interacted with—and potentially infected. So how does Japan do it?

My guess is that Japan didn't politicize mask wearing. Its such a common sense, moderately inconvenient thing to do in a pandemic with an extremely contagious virus that its downright pathetic that people are even arguing about it. When tight government restrictions return or get worse in the US while the economy continues to crumble, the anti-mask crowd will need to take a hard look in the mirror, not to mention the precedent leaders at the highest federal levels set in whether they choose to wear a mask publicly or not.

You guys are clearly not medical providers or scientists, and I doubt you have ever been to another country and worked with their medical personnel/system. So it is understandable that you would be ignorant about that nuance, but you should know better that it is not right to try to distort facts to fit your narrative.

First, you know nothing about Japan's infection rate. Japan doesnt test much. When they have, the rates have been high. Does that indict mask use as unhelpful?...no not necessarily.

They classify and treat illnesses completely different than us. They have a lot of different cultural/ traditional influences which play a role in their medical system.

Second, masks "MAY", in certain circumstances only, prevent some community spread of infection (but not spread of death)...as stated by the WHO and CDC because there is not good data for their effectiveness when used by the general public in most situations.

Those are key points that you both miss in your zealotry to force fellow Americans to act in a fashion that you feel is appropriate.

Holy shit bro you’re posting research articles from Vanity Fair trying to convince people to wear a mask. Vanity Fair, really?
Are you going to quote someone from The View next?

Holy shit bro you’re posting research articles from Vanity Fair trying to convince people to wear a mask. Vanity Fair, really?
Are you going to quote someone from The View next?

Let's try another one:

Who woulda thunk, that possibly, putting a barrier between your (infected) exhalation and others might have some effect on virus transmissibility? Rocket science, I tell ya.

Luckily everyone in America is still able to have their own opinion, but as a general rule, if you want to actually be smarter and develop more analytical thinking, I suggest reading more of "jmez" posts & links and less Vanity Fair. That's going to be my goal. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back