What brake for 300 win mag?

bradb

WKR
Broz are you liking the terminator more then the slayer that you often talk good about?

Broz

WKR
Broz are you liking the terminator more then the slayer that you often talk good about?

I think the Terminator and the CA Side Port and both among the very best in EVERY aspect. I do believe the Terminator T3 will do a lightly better job of reducing recoil, but the CA Side Port has the adjustable top ports to reduce muzzle jump. The T5 I have on my big 375 pushing 400 gr bullets at 3150 is amazing. With heavier rifles the muzzle jump is much less of an issue. So I plan to still use the CA brake on lighter smaller calibers, and go T3 on the long range hunting rifles. Time permitted, I may even add the top ports to a T3 and have it all. There is no bad choice in these two, for most long range rigs, I would go T3

pawater

FNG
I think the Terminator and the CA Side Port and both among the very best in EVERY aspect. I do believe the Terminator T3 will do a lightly better job of reducing recoil, but the CA Side Port has the adjustable top ports to reduce muzzle jump. The T5 I have on my big 375 pushing 400 gr bullets at 3150 is amazing. With heavier rifles the muzzle jump is much less of an issue. So I plan to still use the CA brake on lighter smaller calibers, and go T3 on the long range hunting rifles. Time permitted, I may even add the top ports to a T3 and have it all. There is no bad choice in these two, for most long range rigs, I would go T3

Top ports on a T3.......... exactly what I have been thinking about. We have one coming that I am going to try it with. I was thinking of modeling the location of the ports based on your 1st and 3rd open ports on the slayer brake. This will be on a proof barreled / Ti LPA Norma Improved slinging the 215's at 3200.

MT257

WKR
Who makes the CA brake. After reading through this I’m interested in putting a brake on my 300 win mag. It’s a weatherby vanguard backcountry so its realatively light weight. Any insight on brake recommendations would be appreciated. Are all these brakes removable? How does the terminator and CA brakes compare to that of an accubrake?

Broz

WKR
Who makes the CA brake. After reading through this I’m interested in putting a brake on my 300 win mag. It’s a weatherby vanguard backcountry so its realatively light weight. Any insight on brake recommendations would be appreciated. Are all these brakes removable? How does the terminator and CA brakes compare to that of an accubrake?
I use to own and collect Weatherby's. The Accubrake was a poor excuse for a brake. I am not sure if Christensen Arms make the CA Side Port Brake in house or not. Dependent on your muzzle diameter you may want to look at Terminator brakes, they have more options. But the CA side port and the Terminator brakes are top shelf in my opinion.

MT257

WKR
I use to own and collect Weatherby's. The Accubrake was a poor excuse for a brake. I am not sure if Christensen Arms make the CA Side Port Brake in house or not. Dependent on your muzzle diameter you may want to look at Terminator brakes, they have more options. But the CA side port and the Terminator brakes are top shelf in my opinion.
If the barrel is just the standard smaller profile will there be a difference in what terminator I can use?

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Look into the Piercision Rifles muscle brakes or his PR line of brakes. Cut the recoil down and are side discharge brakes so limit dust kick up shooting prone. I have used both and they have limited concussion to the shooter and are not obnoxiously loud.
I'll second the Piercision muscle brake. I have one on my 338 Terminator pushing a 300gr at 3000fps and I am able to spot my own hits at 475 yards with scope at 25x. It's also self-timing and almost $100 cheaper than the terminator self timing.