What is in my safe!

West2East

FNG
First off, Winchester M70's come in a few flavors - pre-64s and post 64s. My dad raised me in a Winchester household and we mostly had the CRF versions as dad had a push-feed fail on him while on a bull because a bit of rust in the chamber cause the case to stick in the chamber and the push feed couldn't pull it out.
Anyway, I always thought that the push feed vs CRF was a post 64 vs pre 64 distinction. Meaning that a pre-64 style M70 had a CRF and and the post-64 styles had the newer push feed bolts. If you are going to buy a newer(1992->) a CRF is referred to as the "Classic" style now, because you can still get the M70 in the pre-64 configuration.
Now to my question... Up until now, I thought I understood the difference between an action, receiver and a rifle chamber but it seems I don't.
I have a Win m70 pre-64 300WSM. It was pointed out in the STOCKY's thread that there is "no such thing". So obviously, I am wondering what is in the safe!;)
I'll link @SDHNTR since I would like to know where I went wrong and get some input. I'm definitely not calling you out, I just wanted to ask my question outside of the STOCKY'S thread to not muddle it up.
I understand that the pre-64 style is, in fact, a reference to 1964 when Winchester made the decision to go to a push feed bolt. I always thought that the pre-64 and "classic" notations in the rifle name were references to the style of bolt, especially in conversations where a person would more than likely know that the 300WSM didn't arrive on scene until 2001.
I thought I knew what I was talking about, but I am always wanting to learn more so let me know if I am wrong or "not quite right".