Montana Rifle Co. Junction 308Win Field Evaluation

Bluumoon

WKR
Shot the test rifle yesterday. Have a feeling it will be a new Rokslide fave.

Bolt runs at least as smooth as the Tikkas I’ve been shooting, doesn’t bind. I didn’t care for current bolt handle design, for my taste not enough clearance between thumb and scope, something about not holding the shaft and focusing on the knob might help…

Stock is pretty, but not as function as the Rokstok or my rigged Tikka. Anyone need a M70 Rokstok?

Needs detachable mags for my purposes. I’m told that might be a thing.

Better in function than any of the R700s I’ve messed with. People are going to like this one.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the test rifle yesterday. Have a feeling it will be a new Rokslide fave.

Bolt runs at least as smooth as the Tikkas I’ve been shooting, doesn’t bind. I didn’t care for current bolt handle design, for my taste not enough clearance between thumb and scope, something about not holding the shaft and focusing on the knob might help…

Stock is pretty, but not as function as the Rokstok or my rigged Tikka. Anyone need a M70 Rokstok?

Needs detachable mags for my purposes. I’m told that might be a thing.

Better in function than any of the R700s I’ve messed with. People are going to like this one.
Thanks for the feedback/info. I'm extremely interested in these MRC 2022's and it's nice to see they seem to be 'doing it right'. Top of my list for future rifle acquisition currently.

Also leaning harder and harder everyday towards pre-ordering a Model 70 RokStok, only have two temporary hold ups right now:
1) would like a little trigger time behind one of my Tikka RokStoks just to verify/confirm my configuration plans still make sense (shouldn't be long now)
2) I think I'm going to have to try and rally 14 other people to pre-order for Short Action M70 so we can do it all at once, kick off the mold purchase, thereby shortening (or at least making more certain) the timeline to having one 'in hand'. Anybody interested?

Imac45acp

FNG
Keep in mind, the 2022 receiver isn't an exact clone of the M70- Due to the modular recoil lug the shelf at the forward action screw is .070" deeper/lower than a standard M70 inlet. Everything else is the same. Short/Long action bottom metal "should" be common, but I can't guarantee without seeing an actual Winchester print.

All the guns are stainless under the Cerakote, and we just installed another blast cabinet to do a satin naked finish. I think we're up to 15 blast units in the facility now. I'm a big fan of process dedicated blast cabinets to mitigate media cross contamination.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind, the 2022 receiver isn't an exact clone of the M70- Due to the modular recoil lug the shelf at the forward action screw is .070" deeper/lower than a standard M70 inlet. Everything else is the same. Short/Long action bottom metal "should" be common, but I can't guarantee without seeing an actual Winchester print.

All the guns are stainless under the Cerakote, and we just installed another blast cabinet to do a satin naked finish. I think we're up to 15 blast units in the facility now. I'm a big fan of process dedicated blast cabinets to mitigate media cross contamination.
That's great to hear - would the non-cerakoted, bead blasted action be available without gold bolt bands and gold trigger shoe?

Grumman

WKR
That's great to hear - would the non-cerakoted, bead blasted action be available without gold bolt bands and gold trigger shoe?

I agree. I would love to see a Kimber Ascent style bolt handle/knob or an engraved bolt knob option like many customs have. The gold is lost on me and I didn’t care for it in person. I really did like the other features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk