What is this? Any concerns?

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
Same as the op precision hunter 300 saum just recently put it in a BC stock grouped just over 1 inch with Remington 165 , hoping the hornady will shrink that some.

OP
Silvereagle50
Same as the op precision hunter 300 saum just recently put it in a BC stock grouped just over 1 inch with Remington 165 , hoping the hornady will shrink that some.

I am the op. Just making sure.
I never tried the Rem stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
My bad missed that , might want to try the Remington stuff when I had it in the factory stock would get two shots almost touching then the third would be more than inch away figured it was that cheap plastic stock yours might do better.

OP
Silvereagle50
My bad missed that , might want to try the Remington stuff when I had it in the factory stock would get two shots almost touching then the third would be more than inch away figured it was that cheap plastic stock yours might do better.

I’ve got that same thing out of the Hornady and the HSM ammo as well even after changing stocks.

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
If I can get the same results as your last photo I’m gonna call it good maybe put a swaro on it and go huntin,good luck this season

OP
Silvereagle50
If I can get the same results as your last photo I’m gonna call it good maybe put a swaro on it and go huntin,good luck this season

Scope on it now is borrowed from another rifle.
Thinking this one will have a swaro on it in the end.
Good luck to you as well.

NBChance

FNG
Ejector plunger swipe. Could be a pressure sign or not. I recently dealt with this while working up loads with my new Cooper Model 52 Timberline in 6.5 - 284 Norma. I would occasionally get a slightly harder than normal bolt lift force after firing, and would have an ejector swipe on my brass. This would happen even with pretty light loads. After much experimenting and research into the issue, I discovered it was due to cleaning solvent getting into my chamber after cleaning between shots. I was breaking in a new barrel. My Cooper must have a finely honed chamber, as I've never experienced this with other rifles. Brass needs to grab the walls of the chamber during firing, or excess force will be applied to the bolt head. Keep your chamber and ammo clean and dry.

NBChance

FNG
I now have a custom bore guide from Mike Lucas that completely seals the chamber and keeps solvent from leaking back in while cleaning. I also swab the chamber with acetone, and fully clean all resizing lube from my cases after finishing my reloading. Problem solved for me.