What is your on mountain supplement stack?

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what everyone takes on the mountain with them and what they leave at home from there normal regimen. I am on TRT as well as some other prescribed supplements like DHEA and injectable B12 that I take along. I also take a daily multi vitamin and fish oil. I leave the Metformin at home as it can have a slight negative impact on cardio. I am on the fence for pre workout and creatine. I have also taken BPC 157 and TB 500 to help with inflammation and injuries. Could definitely use some advice on something for knee pain. Something like an ointment for pain and swelling at night rather than taking pain killers.

Sapcut

WKR
I will take fish oil, oil of oregano soft gels as anitbiotic should I need it and headache med of some sort for first 1.5 days of headache. FYI....oil of oregano is an incredible natural antibiotic. I have healed staph infections with it in like 3 days.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
B12, ibuprofen, multivitamin. Fiber capsules (mt house and peak refuel clog me up) and probiotics. The fiber and probiotics have been a game changer

Whatever that preworkout drink mix is from wilderness athlete . Unisom if I’m having trouble sleeping .

I’ve considered CBD . Anyone here on the CBD train? What are your thoughts ?

TheHammer

WKR
I use mtn ops ignite almost daily year around so obviously I’ve got the trail packs. I take their solitude for elevation with good results, a daily vitamin. I’m trying their hydrate this year. At night I take first phorms night t for recovery/sleep aid. I will have naproxen sodium with.

Multivitamin
Herbal altitude pills (Solutude)
Enduro for non caffeine energy
BCAA powder for recovery
Slumber for recovery and help falling asleep
Advil PM or Aleve for headaches or joint/muscle pain

I also stop taking creatine about 1 month before any backcountry hunt.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Liquid IV, Aleve, caffeine, and fiber chews. Fiber been the the biggest performance enhancer, mountain house feels like concrete in your stomach after a few of them.

mt100gr.

WKR
Emergen-C, ibuprofen (usually for my hunting partners) and coffee. Never bought into the supplement _____.

Liquid IV, Aleve, caffeine, and fiber chews. Fiber been the the biggest performance enhancer, mountain house feels like concrete in your stomach after a few of them.

Liquid IV. Yes! Almost forgot about that stuff. Started using it this spring. Really like it and will bring some on my hunts.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Multivitamin
Herbal altitude pills (Solutude)
Enduro for non caffeine energy
BCAA powder for recovery
Slumber for recovery and help falling asleep
Advil PM or Aleve for headaches or joint/muscle pain

I also stop taking creatine about 1 month before any backcountry hunt.
Whats the reasoning for stopping creatine a month before you hunt?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Whats the reasoning for stopping creatine a month before you hunt?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I prefer to clear it from my system before the hunt. Mostly to avoid getting dehydrated.

I remember (30 years ago) being told to drink more water when on creatine. That isn't always an option on some hunts. Almost ran out of water last year after a long hike in. New area, set up spike camp at dark, in an area that should have had water. It didn't. Found it in the morning, but it was a rough night being exhausted and completely dehydrated. Creatine might have made it worse?

OP
B

bard

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer to clear it from my system before the hunt. Mostly to avoid getting dehydrated.

I remember (30 years ago) being told to drink more water when on creatine. That isn't always an option on some hunts. Almost ran out of water last year after a long hike in. New area, set up spike camp at dark, in an area that should have had water. It didn't. Found it in the morning, but it was a rough night being exhausted and completely dehydrated. Creatine might have made it worse?
Creatine helps you retain water. It works by pushing more water into muscle cells. So it would help you from becoming dehydrated if you stay on it during a hunt

Creatine helps you retain water. It works by pushing more water into muscle cells. So it would help you from becoming dehydrated if you stay on it during a hunt

Interesting. I need to read up on that. Might be a real benefit if you have good access to water.

I have read recommendations to increase water intake while on creatine to avoid headaches, muscle cramps and kidney problems. None of that sounds fun if I'm in the backcountry at altitude. That is my main concern... no guarantee that water will be plentiful on a hunt.