What keeps you from hunting OTC California?

What Keeps you from hunting OTC in California?

• Total voters
California Moues Deer Hunt D16 still has a-lot of tags left, surprised, it was premium tag this year.

IMG_4213.jpeg

If I told you a novice hunter went into lower mendo nf within A zone and was alone and unarmed, would you think that they'd be at risk of 2 legged predators?
Not if they used common sense. Don't wander onto private. The green rush is over. There is no money in growing pot anymore so those people are gone. Just stay off the tweakers' properties and you should be fine.

Nothing. I do it every year, apply for my elk tags (points haha) and enjoy it. I hate living here and try to do out of state hunts too, but my backyard has good hunting too.

Not if they used common sense. Don't wander onto private. The green rush is over. There is no money in growing pot anymore so those people are gone. Just stay off the tweakers' properties and you should be fine.
Agree, miss covelo/ round valley and your all good. It’s pretty lawless there.

Also hoopa to Orick via bald hills in no bueno( it’s in humboldt/del Norte though)
Stash your car good if you go out overnight.

stay off the rez and your golden

Agree, miss covelo/ round valley and your all good. It’s pretty lawless there.
I’ve got a buddy who does business in Covelo and it really is the Wild West. It’s amazing the powers that be allow those conditions to exist.

It's California so it's a shithole, and I don't shoot copper bullets. Also not worth the cost

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Used to live in covelo. Best parties I've ever been to. There's actually a great community of people that aren't on meth or shooting each or kidnapping or or or...
That's my hometown. Covelo has always been crazy, but also populated by a lot of good people (and others). It's not near as bad as the reputation. Having said that, I think hunters should steer clear of the covelo district of the MNF. Nothing but lions, tweakers, and bears (oh my!). Better to leave it to the crazy locals.

Reactions: WKR
That's my hometown. Covelo has always been crazy, but also populated by a lot of good people (and others). It's not near as bad as the reputation. Having said that, I think hunters should steer clear of the covelo district of the MNF. Nothing but lions, tweakers, and bears (oh my!). Better to leave it to the crazy locals.
You ever see the sign north if black Butte that says "no trespassing damit"? I love that one!

Since its your hometown maybe you can clear something up for me. I pronounce it Co-vel-oh and swear thats the right way to say it but I have some buddies that pronounce it Covl-oh.

I've seen some pretty wild stuff happen outside of that gas station there on the main drag. Some tweaker guy was in a fight with his old lady. She pulled up to get gas with her new man (big bull lesbian) and when she pulled in line to get gas, here comes this skinny little whip of a tweaker in his beat up Honda accord, coming in at like 20 mph and just rams the girls truck. The big bull lesbian got out and ran him off though after that. Most of the people there just carried on like nothing happened.

People don’t know what they don’t know.
This is the one for me. Simply never thought about it, though to be fair, there are 49 states I don't hunt in and it's just one of them.
We probably have the best bear hunting in the lower 48. No you can’t chase them with hounds or bait but for being able to glass up multiple color phase bears and hunt them you’d be hard pressed to find more opportunity.
Now you have my attention.
If I get bored with Oregon hunting, Idaho bear is next on account of the dirt cheap tags and knowing many areas from dirt biking there over the last decade.
I guess California would be next, but $205+$360 is up there, and I would be starting completely from scratch at scouting and overall area knowledge.
Also the campfire permit is a little off-putting.

A buddy and I hunted in MNF about 15 years ago and there was someone who would drive in past our camp at about 2A every morning and come back out about 3A. Cooking meth was my best guess as to why (too late in the year for weed).

Back