What rebarreling caliber for Kimber Montana?

Wrench

WKR
Set the 280 back a thread and shorten the throat to fit your box... cheap, and still a contender

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Could chop the 280AI Montana barrel to 18-20”, thread it 1/2x28, and then use a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter.
Seems much easier to me than going to another cartridge that will give basically the same velocity. Plus no need for another set of cases and loading dies. It’s a good thing to have 2 or 3 rifles shooting the same round. They can be set up for different situations.

Sled

WKR
If you like the Kimber action and the weight then keep it. Mine is a 6.5cm and I don't use it. I would have kicked it down the road a while ago but my kid has found it to be useful for small arms. I prefer the Tikka to Kimber and have gravitated toward those. Kimber just has too many quirks for me to love them but they have a place in ultra lite rifles. So, if you like it you should keep it. If not, give her the "it's not you it's me" speech.

schmalzy

WKR
I dont know what I want, I need internet strangers to tell me.

I’d be interested in it if it’s like the current specs and on the 84L. PM how much you’d want for it.

Have a 300wm that I really like but want to shave some weight for an upcoming hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 16.5 inch barrel on my 30-06. It shoots 1 moa with up to 165 grain bullets and I have taken game out to 300 yards. It is a bit on the heavy side for a shorty to make it enjoyable to shoot but never gets hung up in the brush! I am considering lightening it and putting a can on it for this coming year.