What release are you hunting with 2023

OP
W
Spot hogg whipper snapper with Saturday night special as a backup. But I need to use a hinge again, target panic is bad right now and Im not sure why :mad::mad::mad:
I hear ya, people often talk about target panic saying “I beat it” for me it’s more some days I have it some days I don’t haha

nphunter

WKR
Nock-2-it for me, I've been using a wise choice but have ulnar nerve issues and my pinky and ring finger fall asleep a lot when shooting a bunch, since switching to the two fingers I've had zero issues. I'll probably end up selling all of my 3 finger stuff soon.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Hinge release. Truball honey badger. Backup will be a wrist release. Conflicted about using a hand release when my wrist rocket is already on my hand if needed.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Been using an evolution and a RX1 for years and kept my anxiety at bay by switching back and forth but ever since I found out my draw results I’ve been struggling a bit! So who knows which one will be with me!
I just got an Onnex and am getting used to using my thumb to pull through, which is totally opposite to the evolution, should be an adventure.

Wapiti_87

FNG
Just switched from index to UV Button and saw an immediate improvement in my consistency, especially when it’s hot and my hand has a tendency to slide around a little when anchored.

Will have the index in my pack as backup during hunting season though.

Jon_G

WKR
If I could answer any one question on rokslide it would be bow release triggers. Every answer is of course subjective but I feel like I've done enough research to tell you that truball releases are as good as you can get. Some people will tell you that Scott archery or Stan or UV is better and you'll find some negative reviews of each but it's harder to find a negative review on truball releases in my opinion.

If you can shoot a uv button by all means do so it's the best release out there. But if you do enough research you'll find the majority of people, including youtubers, will tell you that the neck is too long and their anchor point changed. I personally shot one and couldn't find a good anchor point so I sold it. Tried a truball trident pro flex and loved it. Went back to a uv button to test the difference again and liked it even more, but again I couldn't anchor properly even after shortening my draw length. Went back to the trident pro flex and stuck with it. I changed the knob to a uv button knob and it is now perfect for me.

Asking which release is better will never provide the answer you're looking for though. Try a bunch and you'll find something that works for you.

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
Carter wise choice, I shot a Carter evolution plus tension release all winter and spring and carried the mechanics of that over to the thumb button, and I truly haven’t shot better than I am now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Spot hogg whipper snapper with Saturday night special as a backup. But I need to use a hinge again, target panic is bad right now and Im not sure why :mad::mad::mad:
Funny how target panic can just hit you by surprise. I can go days without it and then all of a sudden, for a reason that is not apparent, it hits me and an arrow goes off into the wild blue yonder. Sometimes it even rears it's ugly head on a day I am having nice tight groups during a daily practice session. It doesn't matter if I am using my index finger release or one of my handheld thumb releases.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve shot the same trufire something index for the last 10+ years but all the sudden misplaced it somewhere. Ordered the Like Mike II a couple days ago and will give that a shot.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve shot the same trufire something index for the last 10+ years but all the sudden misplaced it somewhere. Ordered the Like Mike II a couple days ago and will give that a shot.
So you are the culprit who bought the last one.

I was shooting a Scott Hand Grip release but they discontinued them and I can't find a spare so it looks like I am moving onto other pastures.