What trail camera has the best subscription service?

Bmcadoo

FNG
I have waisted countless dollars on cameras with terrible subscription plans.. any help is welcome!

I’m running Tactacams. There are probably better ones, but I’m generally happy. I don’t run bait so I don’t have to get the unlimited plan. I think I pay $8/camera a month.

Tactacam for me. Cameras are in the big woods and I've never come close to the 5$ plan limit of 250 pics

Spypoint has a free option but you don't get many photos per month. Moultrie is pretty good and you can get the cameras for around $50.

Have used several, but haven't seen anyone mention Bushnell or Browning yet so fyi. Also, the photo/video quality on all the brands is plenty, in my opinion, so that has never been a decider for me.

Bushnell has 30 days free then $10/mo for 2000 photos/mo. Or $15/mo for unlimited photo/video. Currently running these and have had zero problems. Getting good reception where my phone ATT is a bit sketchy.

Browning actually has 6 different options from $10-$50/mo, and can add cameras to the plan for $5/mo, each plan has its own max of cameras/plan. Browning makes a very quality trail camera.

Not cell cam specific, but if you like to turkey hunt, waterfowl or predator hunt, throw a camera up just outside of the decoys, set it on video and you wont regret it. Have gotten some awesome memories captured this way.

I'd avoid browning cell cams for a number of reasons. Their plans are expensive and the app sucks. Not to mention we've had lots of issue with camera performance.

I run both covert and spypoint with great luck! Lately I have heard browning is actually the better way to go.

I love my Browning for general features but don't have one with a plan. It's just the best overall camera I own for having the settings I want, the way I want them. For a cell plan I've been "more or less OK" with my Spypoints. I have a few Link Micro S LTE's. I feel like I get a lot for the $4/mo plan I have them on.

As plans go I think they're pretty competitive, I just don't love the hardware. I have them placed in a very rural area and they lose connection and need to be reset a lot. I've had winters where I lost a month or two of footage when I couldn't get to them to do that. And the settings are really primitive. I wish I had gotten a better model, that's all.

I’ve had a bunch of different ones. Currently running 3 tactacams and they are decent..
Just recently bought a Wiseeye and I’ve been very impressed

I think the main thing you have to know when choosing between the various brand plans is how many cameras you are going to have. Some of them make a lot of sense for one or two cameras but get stupid expensive as you add more to your account.

I have 14 Coverts on 20,000 pics per month. It's $20 for the first camera + $5 for each additional = $85/month

I hate subscriptions. Spypoint for me. I get 100 free photos a month per camera. 8 cameras so 800 photos free. I wouldn’t know what the heck to do with 20,000 photos a month. I don’t really put cameras over bait or feeding areas, just trails mostly so I typically don’t hit my limit. I probably miss some deer by limiting photo repeat times but I’m ok with it to not have to pay anything. I’m also a terrible hunter so maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Running 8 Moultrie Edge cameras and have had zero issues to date. $8 per month and if you are running multiple cameras they have a plan. Probably one of the best apps.

I’ve been very happy Tactacam.

I’ve had up to 6 cameras running and have 3 going right now.

You can choose Verizon or T-Mobile as service providers, I believe.

Very flexible and easy people to work with if you need something.

I have 4 tactacams and love them. My only complaint is each camera has to be on the same plan. So if you have to bump one camera up for too many pictures they all have to be bumped up…

Back