What will Meateater buy next??

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
I'm betting ME would love to buy Stone Glacier out but I'm hoping SG doesn't do it.

No inside knowledge or anything but just the way they promote SG makes a guy wonder.

t thought about this too.

another thought.... Meateater is getting pretty heavy, people/podcast/personality-wise.i wonder how valuable ( to the overall brand) those extra personalities actually are. My perception is not too much. I’d wager 90+% of fans/viewers/readers would not be interested In the brand if rinella walked....

I've always thought Phelps Game calls would be an acquisition that made sense. They've had Jason on their podcast before, and it would be Phelps best chance to compete nationally with the big boys.

I have talked with Jason a little about this. He is not a fan boy of the big company machine.

tjihrig

FNG
Even on a hunting forum a harmless question turns into a debate about political ideology. Gotta love 2020. I truly hope there are not this many people that would refuse to buy from a company because they have a different view point than their own. particularly something as harmless as posting a picture on a social idiocracy site. QC issues on the other hand are something to actually talk about.

Has nothing to do with having a different view point. Everyone has their own. I tuned in to ME podcast and TV for years to listen guys talk about hunting and fishing. Now I have to get preached at about being more inclusive in the outdoors and how my politics are racist from 2 guys I listen to for input on squirrel hunting. Nope I’m out. There’s enough in the news and on the radio if I want that. I don’t care what their position is on social issues. Sorry if I opened this can of worms but I hate to see this garbage leak into the one corner of my day that was free from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLAK

WKR
No Lie, I used to LOVE me some ME episodes. The only thing I would watch.
Used to be some gritty, down to earth, real world stuff that any hunter could relate to.
But it's gone off on some weird, mystical NW tangent I just can follow anymore.
I'll just keep doing my thing.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Has nothing to do with having a different view point. Everyone has their own. I tuned in to ME podcast and TV for years to listen guys talk about hunting and fishing. Now I have to get preached at about being more inclusive in the outdoors and how my politics are racist from 2 guys I listen to for input on squirrel hunting. Nope I’m out. There’s enough in the news and on the radio if I want that. I don’t care what their position is on social issues. Sorry if I opened this can of worms but I hate to see this garbage leak into the one corner of my day that was free from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have listened to every episode up to august (I am saving them for my long road trip to WYO) and all ive heard them preach about is getting women into the outdoors, which i cannot imagine a downside to. I am the first one to dismantle the BLM movement when someone tries to jabber at me about it but I havent heard them say anything particularly inflammatory. On the contrary they mostly stay away from politics.

ldrathman

WKR
I have listened to every episode up to august (I am saving them for my long road trip to WYO) and all ive heard them preach about is getting women into the outdoors, which i cannot imagine a downside to. I am the first one to dismantle the BLM movement when someone tries to jabber at me about it but I havent heard them say anything particularly inflammatory. On the contrary they mostly stay away from politics.
Agreed, I enjoy the fact that whatever their political allegiance, I don't have to worry hearing about it on a podcast focused on hunting; as it should be. Even the Donald Trump Jr. interview was handled in a way that steered pretty clear of any deeply political conversations. Sure Don Jr. brought up a couple items that eluded to Left/Right politics, but Rinella mostly just listened and then steered the conversation in a different direction. They could have easily delved deeper into the political nuances, so I commend them for staying on the topics listeners come to hear about: hunting, the outdoors, and the Latvian Eagle.

woods89

WKR
Personally I think they should expand their tv line up and start a show about fixing up fish shacks. Then parlay that 15mins into buying an old logging town near Bozeman where men from far an wide can load up on all the cool super lightweight hunting gear and other overpriced trinkets while waiting in line for hours to check out all the while hoping to catch a glimpse Janis or Ol Cal.

Am I bitter about that day in Waco. Damn right I’m bitter!

I must confess, I laughed.........

tdhanses

WKR
I heard a rumor tonight they are buying tracker boats and duck commander duck calls, very reliable source.

skifunk2

FNG
If you listen closely to Steve on the podcast, I think he is way more conservative than just about everyone else on the team. And I would predict voting-wise he lives in a split household.
You are on point with that comment.... some of the last few podcasts have definitely shed more light on his leaning left or right!

I don’t think Phelps really needs any more help in competing with the big boys because he’s already doing it right now. I’d love to know how much his business has grown in the past few years. It’s enough for him to build a brand new house, build a brand new shop/headquarters, and quit his day job as an engineer.

I’d LOVE for Meateater to buy Mystery Ranch and somehow move all production back to the states. But I’m sure that will never happen since they don’t use their packs anyway.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Used to be some gritty, down to earth, real world stuff that any hunter could relate to.

100%. The new strategic partnerships are good for $$$, but they don’t resonate at all. He even mentioned once he’s only a phone call away from top hunting opportunities. I can’t relate to that. I’m just a regular dude trying to find a place to hunt a few deer/elk/birds.

tracker12

WKR
Target archery is all about the rules and each category has different restrictions. If you are shooting bare bow class nothing can be on the bow. Why I use deer as my target