What’s a fair ask to sell my diesel truck?

Mike Lovrich
Cummins kids today won't know him... Nevermind the fact that he's been doing it longer than they've been able to drive.

They need to be able to slap a giant Firepunk sticker on the back glass. They're still trying to figure out stuff we knew a decade ago.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Cummins kids today won't know him... Nevermind the fact that he's been doing it longer than they've been able to drive.

They need to be able to slap a giant Firepunk sticker on the back glass. They're still trying to figure out stuff we knew a decade ago.
Exactly. Gone too soon but among the best of the best.

Thanks all. I’m going to start at $25k.
It'll sell fast at that price. I have an 07 5.9 6 speed with 217k on it, solid, basic performance and reliability mods, DD clutch and a flat bed. I've been offered waaaaaaaaay to much money for it recently but I intend to keep it until it's completely worn out.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
It'll sell fast at that price. I have an 07 5.9 6 speed with 217k on it, solid, basic performance and reliability mods, DD clutch and a flat bed. I've been offered waaaaaaaaay to much money for it recently but I intend to keep it until it's completely worn out.
You may wear out before it does!

With only 217k on it right now, you may be waiting a loooooong time for that to happen. I bought mine new in '03 and figured I'd put a half million miles on it, or die trying....looks like I'm probably going to die trying.

150's is low miles. Too bad it's not the 6 speed manual.

I'd not let it go for $25. Especially if you're going to replace it with a new(er) truck.
I can't believe the number of trucks around here that have gone into "limp" mode
and ended up waiting a month or two for parts.
( If "limp" isn't the perfect descriptive term I don't know what is.)

I expect 3rd gen diesels to continue to go up in demand and value. That is until the Government starts taxing the crap out of us for not buying Teslas.

With only 217k on it right now, you may be waiting a loooooong time for that to happen. I bought mine new in '03 and figured I'd put a half million miles on it, or die trying....looks like I'm probably going to die trying.
Now that it's not the daily driver it only gets 2-5k miles a year. I expect it to last a while.

Fullfan

WKR
All billet shafts, Goerend parts, built by the best in the biz, well known in Dodge circles as a go to shop for 48re rebuilds in the Southwest.

Bighorn package. Not a loaded interior, but not base model either.
There is a name I have not heard for a while, I had a Georedn transmission in a 06 3/4 ton Cummins. Tripple disc, constant pressure valve body and everything billet that could be. That tranny was very solid...

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Got her all detailed and a local ad up for $25k. Time to sell. Would love to see it go to a fellow hunter! Make me an offer.

Last edited:
I would let that add go for two days then up the price to 30k.
You might even get bidding action once it finds the right buyers.
GLWS. It’s going to go quick.
What is BOWNARO?

Last edited:
OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I would let that add go for two days then up the price to 30k.
You might even get bidding action once it finds the right buyers.
GLWS. It’s going to go quick.
What is BOWNARO?
Come on man. This is a hunting site Try harder. 🏹

The plate alone should be worth a couple of G’s to a California bowhunter!