What’s a luxury item?

So, I got the wife a surprise for our 10th anniversary and she got me..... nothing! I finally won. Now she is insistent that I order something for my backcountry September elk hunt in Idaho that is a luxury and not a necessity.... if i don’t, she will just pick out something dumb she says....

What should I get?

After 6 nights on a crappy pad......get a great sleeping pad. Good night sleep is HARD to replace. Or an ultra light mid if you don’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max333

FNG
I agree I’d say a nice pad or even splurge on a new tent or sleeping bag

OP
B
Getting a klymit static luxe insulated, in a bigger guy and I toss and turn. Have a red cliff tent, no stove though. I have a mountain hardware extra lamina 20 degree bag currently, several years old though. Gun and optics are good. Pack is good. Knives are good. I’d say budget, $300 or so.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Toaks cup and pot with and Snow Peak GS-100 stove.

New sleeping bag, though everything I would recommend is well over $300.

rj2

WKR
You could get a new sleeping bag and shave a pound off the lamina, or look for a 0 degree to compliment it. marmot elite ultra 20 if you want to stick with synthetic or marmot helium, never summer, rei igneo, etc

rj2

WKR
probably unsafe to be up in idaho at that time in an old 20 degree bag, so i think the 0 degree quilt is actually a necessity, and then you can still get the stove for a luxury. just sayin...

A nice NeoAir pad. Or Thermarest makes a reversible stuff sack that is fuzzy on the inside and makes a great pillow with your spare layer inside

TX_Diver

WKR
GPS or OnX Maps subscription. (maybe closer to essential depending on where you hunt).

Sleeping pads/tents/tarps.

Puffy jackets/other "high end" camo.

Could find a used pack in that range if your pack needs an upgrade.

Some nice knives in the $100-200 range (definitely a luxury item as there are lots of cheap knives that work).

Felix40

WKR
Can you buy yourself a hunt or fishing trip instead? Sounds like you are pretty much set on gear. Thats what I would be trying to do.

slick

WKR
Have her buy all your applications/points in a a state of your choice or a couple next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Anybody use a swagger qd42? I like the idea of a new quilt, the helinox or a garmin watch as well. I buy the points anyway.... no need in her knowing what they cost!

Laramie

WKR
Do you have really nice camp shoes? They make a pretty big difference with my feet on a long hunt. I use the slip on keen.

They aren't $300 but they are a luxury that is a game changer for me.