Whats everyones go to carbon fiber tripod for spotters that wont break the bank?

What's everyone's go to carbon tripod and head for backpacking. I have the vortex gt but it's a brute. Looking for a little lighter

dtrkyman

WKR
Cheap amazon one, I forget the name on mine, but it is light, and compact, folds back over it's self, the ball head is not great but I have no issue with it. Was around 100 bucks.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
What is your price range you are willing to spend?
I have the Sirui VA 5 head and the T-024SK tripod. It weighs around 3 lbs. The VA 5 head seems to come highly reccomended on the forum. Haven't used my spotter with this tripod but it should easily support it according to the specs. I usually just use my binos.

@Camera Land is a site sponsor and will get you exactly what you need. Give them a call!

madcalfe

WKR
SIRUI - A-1205 is a good option. 2lbs, head load rating of 22lbs 270$
im currently using a 3 legged thing punk billy. 3lbs, head load rating of 40lbs. 270$ also

LaHunter

WKR
I’ve been using a Promaster 525 carbon fiber tripod for the past 7-8 years and have been happy with it. Been using the VA-5 head for about 4-5 years and have been very happy with this head. Give the guys at Camera Land a call and they will take good care of you

The best bet is the Sirui T024SKVA5. Normally $299.90, thru the end of the month Rokslide members pay $254.92 and get $15 back from Sirui
You can call us at 516-217-1000 or go to our website at www.cameralandny.com and use promo code TS21 thru 7/31

Thanks
Joel

dalth22

FNG
What's everyone's go to carbon tripod and head for backpacking. I have the vortex gt but it's a brute. Looking for a little lighter
As stated above by some others, I also have the Sirius T024 with the VA5 Head and I’m enjoying it. I use it more with my Binos but it supports my Diamondback 20-60x80, which weighs just under three pounds.

TowerT

FNG
You can get a cheap, light, and compact one from amazon and it's just around 100 bucks. The ball head might not be so great but it will get the job done.

OP
Isthatamullet
Thanks for all the input gentlemen, 15 year hunting hiatus and living in a new state has definitely started me over.

manitou1

WKR
I use the Promaster 525 also. Call Doug @Cameraland. Tell him your budget and they will get you lined up, most likely with discounts if you tell him from Rokslide.

Mosski

FNG
I love my Slick cf 634, I have used outdoorsman and Sirui but still prefer the Slick. It's 2lb and really durable for its weight. I run the Jim white 2.0 pan head and love it.

rootacres

WKR
I bought one of the cheap knock off carbon fiber tripods off Ebay for about $100 and proceeded to break it on day 1 or 2 of a muley hunt.

Scope out the classifieds on here and pick up a gently used premium brand. I picked up a Promaster XC525 for like $200. I won't switch unless it brakes too. Lots of good deals in the classifieds.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Benro carbon slim with S2 video head. They don't offer it as an option but I called them direct and they put it together for me for $180 shipped at the time. Solid setup for half the price of the competition.