What's for dinner?

I've been wanting to try this. Do you always use the roast?
Have you ever used the bone in shoulder?

I used a bone in antelope shoulder with Hank Shaw’s recipe a couple months ago. Turned out excellent, and I recommend it.

Shoulder was too big for a crock pot, but it worked great in a big oven roasting pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
Elk Missisipi Pot Roast.
51efdb321c970550780e88feb73dc83b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Chicken Divan tonight. Something a little different if you've never tried it. Please don't ask for a recipe as my wife just throws a bunch of stuff together and it is great. Leftover chicken, broccoli, cheese and a sauce made from mayo, sour cream, curry powder and salt an pepper I think.

Edit: I was just informed there is some cream of mushroom soup and extra mushrooms in the sauce also.
Wife looked this up and made it the other night. Just ate up the rest tonight. Great recipe, thank you.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Welcome. This is great with leftover cooked turkey as well. Be careful on the amount of curry powder, one time I tried to make it I screwed that up big time.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm guessing someone will be doing a seafood boil over the 4th.

Last edited:

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
Venison bulgogi! It's my favorite and a hit with the kids too.

We have a bunch of ground venison to get through. Probably going to try ravioli as mentioned earlier in this thread.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Speaking of green chilies, I got to make me some pork chili Verda, for a pig hunt I have coming up.
Even though chili verde should translate to green chili........I've never found a chili verde that's even close to what I know as "green chili". But it is made with pork, has no tomatillo's in it, is never green in color, but it is smothered over burrito's, flauta's, chile rellenos, enchilada's, and eaten as soup with flour tortilla's as well. There was a place I used to get a Monte Cristo sandwich (battered and deep fried in case someone has never had one), and a bowl of green chili for dipping the sandwich in.......awesome meal. Also, green "chili" shouldn't be confused with green chile. The first is a sauce or soup made with green chile's......the latter is just green chile peppers.:)

grfox92

WKR
Elk Backstrap seasoned with Kinders All Purpose. Cooked in a $30 Lodge cast iron pan. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the Yeti.
c04a481f95fbdb095c4cbd2c90081484.jpg

spudists

FNG
Blacktail backstrap with chimichurri sauce tonight. It really brightens things up and is a nice break from the ground elk regimen

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Elk Backstrap seasoned with Kinders All Purpose. Cooked in a $30 Lodge cast iron pan. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the Yeti.
c04a481f95fbdb095c4cbd2c90081484.jpg

You know how much better it would be if cooked it in the Yeti pan.

my wife got this ninja foodi thing we made tomato basil soup for the family with grilled cheese i dont even like soup but it was pretty good

got an alabama back strap marinating for tomorrow Happy fourth everyone