What’s New for Kifaru?

wyodan

WKR
Bring back the internal frame Timberline 1 and 2. Perfect packs for all around use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I would like the internal frame Timberline 3 as well, since I have some pack animals now and don't need the space. Also I would like a 24" frame length Woodsman, with slot pockets on the side for long items, and 3 independent sets of compression straps somewhat like the Reckoning.

slim9300

WKR
Bring back the internal frame Timberline 1 and 2. Perfect packs for all around use.

It’s not quite the same thing, but the Cutthroat is a pretty amazing setup. I use it for trips less than 5 days. I love the organization/pocket design, and it has packed 100# comfortably on one occasion already. It’s not quite the same as my Duplex Lite or UL once over 50#, but there were zero hotspots or discomfort. At typical summer backpacking weights of 25-35#, it’s a joy to use.

I still have my first Kifaru pack from 2011, the Timberline 1. My wife uses it 6 months out of the year as a training pack to walk a few miles each day with a 50# load. With at least a few thousand miles on it while carrying a load, it’s still going strong and only has been sent back to Kifaru once for repairs along with having a few lumbar pads and one hip belt replaced. This was always covered 100% by Kifaru and done quickly.

Arwhite90

FNG
Has Kifaru ever thought of doing a Bino harness? Seeing as the company appears to be seeing some of the suggestions in this thread, I'd love to see what they could come up with. I have seen several videos of Aaron talking bino harnesses and optics carry systems out there, seems he always feels each system is a compromise in some way, would be cool to see what he and the guys could come up with.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
Has Kifaru ever thought of doing a Bino harness? Seeing as the company appears to be seeing some of the suggestions in this thread, I'd love to see what they could come up with. I have seen several videos of Aaron talking bino harnesses and optics carry systems out there, seems he always feels each system is a compromise in some way, would be cool to see what he and the guys could come up with.
I think I heard him say something along the lines of kifaru wont come out with a true kifaru one because of marsupial gear. I think they are teamed up with them.

Bino harness wise I think marsupial is fitting that bill for them and doing a great job being a true American outfit.

I'm a simple man...I just want a new argali that is built for the new frame so I can have load lifter options. Save the zippers, pockets, and molle for the the other packs in the lineup!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think you will getting a xpac argali with side nalgene pockets for 2021.

OP
trophyhill
Love when we can go down a rabbit hole or 2 on these threads. I’m gonna order the small Marsupial bino pack for my 10x42’s. I’ve had a couple different makes and models over the years and they were always too big, bulky and cumbersome. In fact it’s one reason my Binos hardly ever accompany me when elk hunting. Don’t like them swinging uncontrollably either. This may allow me to get busted less in the black timber with quick 1 handed access and glassing frequently while playing the part of timber rat.

bsnedeker

WKR
I think you will getting a xpac argali with side nalgene pockets for 2021.

Oh man, I would buy that in a heartbeat! Would add a bit of weight but the pockets would make carrying tripod, sticks, rifle, etc. much easier.

Oh man, I would buy that in a heartbeat! Would add a bit of weight but the pockets would make carrying tripod, sticks, rifle, etc. much easier.

Zipperless muskeg with nalgene pockets.
I'd assume its going to weigh dame well the same as the muskeg.
I just went with a muskeg.

it sounds like one is in the works, which i'm looking forward to seeing.... don't know when, but i assume not far in the future