What’s the one tip you wish you were given

Bogle

FNG
Think. If you were prey where would you be? Look for that second and third transition and avoid the first.

I might have a different opinion than a lot of guys. But if someone is just starting out, I would worry a lot less about having the best gear and more about learning as much about deer patterns as you can. Bucks don’t care if you are wearing Sitka or Walmart camo. Check out Dan Infalts videos. And mostly just spend a ton of time in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% agree here. More often than not, gear is not your primary concern when whitetail hunting. Take the money that you'd spend on top-of-the-line gear and get out in the woods. Also, it's already been stated here but gimmicks are just that and there is no silver bullet.

Ask yourself throughout your season "What have I learned?"

Why did you fail, why were you successfully, why did you find elk in this area but not the first three, why do the bucks run this ridge instead of the other and so on. Reflecting on it will make lessons stick with you and you'll realize why things happened.

aroesch

FNG
Wind is your friend!
If you have a big buck in an area, don't hunt the spot until the wind is perfect!