Something you wish you started earlier

Practice at an archery range course. Having a course that has shots at different angles and backgrounds really helps me a lot. You can only do so much with a block in the backyard on level ground. Having access to 3D targets helps me too.

Honyock

WKR
I wish that I would have started saving for retirement earlier and not spent so much hunting. Not really.

zmatters

FNG
Wish i got lessons when i first picked up a bow. Wish i was forced to learn to shoot a tension or hinge release prior to other style release aids. Think youre ahead of the curve there

Tilzbow

WKR
Having a good archery instructor in the late 80’s, early 90’s would’ve been awesome but none existed in my area and I doubt I could’ve afforded one regardless. That instructor probably would’ve taught me to develop a surprise release by learning to trigger both my compound release and my traditional longbow finger release with back tension. I’ve been doing this for 35 years or so and it was 2014 before l learned how to trigger the compound release properly every time. As far as the longbow with fingers that’s still a work in progress but I’m closer right now than ever before and know what to do and how to do it but unlearning 15 years of bad form has taken another 15 years….

fatlander

WKR
I wish I would have learned how to shoot with proper back tension so as to not develop debilitating target panic. Starting from the ground up with a tension activated release snd transferring that shot process to a thumb button would have been a smoother road to consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk