Whats your backpacking or hunting guilty pleasure?

Im a cigar/ pipe guy. Nothin better the high country snow cock hunting in Nevadas Ruby Mountains and enjoying a nice pipe or cigar after a kic ass day. What about u guys?

I don't smoke, rarely drink. But if I was wall tent camping or base camping where I could have some luxuries... I'd have a handle of Crown, and some good porters/stouts on ice.

I don't pack any liquor into the hills with me anymore. Too many times I've slept in and have felt guilty the rest of the year because I didn't hunt as hard as possible. I do enjoy a quality cigar and this year found my new favorite called the Black Market by Alec Bradley, that and a little Dr. Pepper is about as crazy as I get on a serious trip. If I'm with my brother and we're hiking into a lake for fishing I'll bring some Pendleton! If car camping any beer will do. From Ranier to Coors to Moose Drool...

Mike

OP
Quikstryke
Im right with you. Nothin better then a nice stout or porter. My favorite is Youngs Chocolate Stout. Goes perfect with a La Flor Dominica Maduro or Colorado limatada stogie.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pendleton whiskey. Ain't nothin better when you are spiked out on a ridge top after a humper of a day...........

randy

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Dose of Kratom and a shot of Jerry's Rum helps me sleep cause Im an insomniac anyways. Id never sleep if I didnt have something to knock me out.

Wrench77

WKR
Whiskey..... Always whiskey but something special like Stagg or Pappy. Gotta have it for when it's time to celebrate.

2rocky

WKR
Whiskey by the campfire. I always poo-poo'ed the idea, but when the horse packs it in, it hits the spot.

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
We like to bring 2 Platypus wines preserves, 1 red, 1 white. Makes the Mountain House that much more tolerable.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
For me, a couple of "cups" of red wine (I like Cab) hits the spot. It's relaxing and I sleep like a baby.

When I'm hunting or backpacking i don't do much in regards to guilty pleasures.

Outside of the woods I've been know to have a cigar around the fire station on occasion.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We like to bring 2 Platypus wines preserves, 1 red, 1 white. Makes the Mountain House that much more tolerable.

Yup! I've been known to coerce Luke into packing a 3L bladder of wine in for me. He started putting his foot down on it though, and told me I had better find something with a better "buzz to weight ratio". I don't typically like hard liquor, but last year I discovered cranberry vodka mixed with crystal light lemonade makes a lovely drink on a relaxing evening, or to celebrate when we have an animal down. We pour the vodka into the platypus preserve bladders, and then mix it with single serving lemonade from powder packets in the field. Rarely have more than one drink each per evening, but it goes a long way towards making me feel like I am kicking back after a long day...

Jon Boy

WKR
Sounds like some of you like to party in the back country haha :) I dont take any drinks with me if im solo, if with a buddy we might bring a bottle depending on the circumstance. I typically just take a couple of Dramamine every night and pass the hell out. I cant sleep other wise if im solo.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425