Whats your backpacking or hunting guilty pleasure?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sometimes it's something to read. We also bring a Mountain House Desert for after a kill, no matter how late we get back.

Jplus4

FNG
I too would have to say Cope. I chewed since I was 15 and quit when I was 32. Just turned 35 last week and the only time I chew is when I get to hunt. Luckily my hunting partner doesn't live closer or I would be chewing all the time! I may try some whiskey this year.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I take an insulated track suit to sleep in. It compresses down to about the size of a grapefruit and it's pretty light. It adds significant warmth to the sleeping bag and there's nothing like getting into something dry at the end of a cold, wet day!

There are several things I take pleasure from while I'm in the mountains, but non of which I feel at all guilty about.

Last edited:

ethan

WKR
Copenhagen here to, but it's not just when I'm hunting or backpacking!

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an old guy who doesn't smoke, dip or drink hard stuff any more although, I did all three with a passion when I was younger. Now, I'm happy with a couple of glasses of a cheap Cab before turning in early from a hard day's hunt. Doc says red wine is good for the heart….I'm having a glass now.

jmez

WKR
Apples for me. Pack on for every day I'm going to be in. Love fresh fruit and have one with lunch every day.

ridgefire

WKR
Coca Cola. Hardly ever drink pop but pack it in four miles from the trail head so I can have a cold can on the nights I make it back to camp. A lot of extra weight but worth it when I get it to camp.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
I like to pack a can of Dale's Pale Ale also...or a small bottle of whiskey. Also done the bag 'o wine.

mine would have to be something to read. I consider it excessive to a point since its certainly not vital to a backpacking/hunting trip. but I enjoy it and it cam be very comforting at times. I carry a small bible and find scripture can be even more profound in the backcountry than in the easy chair. extra weight ,yup. worth the weight, very much so. ive considered an e type book like a kindle or something but there's no substitute for the actual written word in my opinion.
That's pretty cool man. I always feel closest to God when I'm outdoors..

I bring a vac sealed pack of Smoked Brisket with me. I love setting up camp that first night and eating an awesome meal up in the mountains.

Ben

WKR
Copenhagen straight. I used to enjoy a can a day but now only dip when I'm hunting or fishing. I would be a liar if I didn't say that I truly miss it all year.