What’s your balance between cardio and heavy weights?

There is a ratio plain and simple... fitness to balls. If your fitness is lower, then you better have a lot of balls. Vice versa if your lacking intestinal fortitude then you better be very fit because that might carry you through.

Lift 4-5 days a week, hit core 5 minutes a day and cardio 10 minutes each day after lifting. Works great for me
34 years old 5'10 185 lbs.

50/50 for me,,, but waaaaay more streches than anything else...

Take on a bit of everything,,, that way life doesn't get born in...

Long 3D Archery over 3 to 4 km course is good,,, lots of walking,,, streching and archery along with creek fishing will add quality to ones life...

Who doesn't like doing things in the great outdoors...

Cheers from the North

Don

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Lift 4-5 days a week, hit core 5 minutes a day and cardio 10 minutes each day after lifting. Works great for me
34 years old 5'10 185 lbs.
Why cardio after lifting and not before? I did my cardio before lifting, as a way to warm up, until I heard from a trainer who thought cardio before lifting wasn't the best idea, which would agree with your cycle. Do you have a certain reason that you do cardio after, or does it just fall into place that way?

Why cardio after lifting and not before? I did my cardio before lifting, as a way to warm up, until I heard from a trainer who thought cardio before lifting wasn't the best idea, which would agree with your cycle. Do you have a certain reason that you do cardio after, or does it just fall into place that way?
Friend of mine is a trainer as well and he told me that it is better to do cardio after weights. Basically your body is able to burn more weight after lifting weights than it is if you do it before. There are a few studies done on this. For me, I seem to have more energy after a lifting session. If I do cardio before hand, I feel that my work out suffers and I am not as energetic while working out.