What's your favorite broadhead?

what is everyones take weight? 100 or 125gr

100 or 125 depends on the whole package. DW, Spine, etc. I use both out of 2 different bows set ups.

516gr 300 spine with 75 gr brass and 125 head on a bow that pulls 78#
440gr 340 spine with 50 gr brass and 100 gr head out of a bow that pulls 71#.

11 out of 10 times its a QAD Exodus Full on the business end.

Distant 2nd choice would be GR Micro Hades.

trackboss

FNG
I've had excellent luck with both shuttle T-LOK and A-TAC. I rarely hear either of those talked about much. In my case they have been impressive to put it lightly. Neither of them felt very sharp to me, but it made no difference in performance. The shuttle t's I took down an absolute monster of a boar and discovered the armor was about 2" thick and super dense. The experience with the A-TAC I had was even more impressive. The boar was much smaller at about 200+lbs, but the shot was perfect heart and the boar expired in about 10 seconds. There was no need to track as the pig only went a few yards, but the thing bled out completely. I actually have a video, but not sure how to post.

Elk97

WKR
Shot Exodus for several years but have switched to Tooth of the Arrow XL. Closer to field point accuracy and solid as a rock.

I have always been impressed with Magnus Snuffers in 125 gr variety. Glad I still have a few for the future.

WJS23

WKR
125s iron wills, 125 QAD exodus fulls and G5 dead meats 125 are the go to for me.

gday5

FNG
Muzzy 3 blade. I've heard too many stories of mechanicals failing. Fixed blades have always got the job done for me and take one less "what if" out of my head when it comes time to shoot.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Slick trick Viper tricks are my go to. I blew through my first elk with one in September and figured I stay with them for whitetail. I usually use rage for deer but I was set up with 125gr for elk and all my rage were 100gr. I shot a doe on my first sit and hit a tad forward. No problem! Right through both shoulders.

QAD EXODUS. Best all around broadhead for the money. Slick Trick Magnums were my previous go-to until the quality started going south. Kudu broadheads if you’re looking for a true, cut-on- contact single bevel at a good price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the slick trick magnums. Never actually hit an animal with one but they did really well on my target from going from field points to broadheads they grouped nicely.

Much variety here. My hunting partner has used the previously mentioned Silck Tricks alot with success in Africa although Ive never used. Cut Throat single bevel 125's for me. I enjoy the simplicity of the head , accuracy right out of the package, durability , and lethality. Home run IMO.

Last edited: