whats your hunting arrow for 2014. shaft, fletch, nock, braodhead

29" 340 fmj, with x nock blazer vanes,bohning wrap, with a 125 gr NAP hellrazor. 495.7 total weight

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Victory VAP 300
Deep-Six insert (20 gr) + 20gr
2.1" Fusion Vanes & wraps
125gr RamCat
450gr
15.25% FOC

Are you adding weight to the deep six up front? If so how are you doing it?

Love my injections but would really like to add some more weight up front.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the heck Easton wouldn't roll out a brass insert for the deep six format.

Easton Injexion
3 Blazer vanes, right helical
NAP Killzones but really want to try the new slick trick D6 Head.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Put some arrows together to run in my Hoyt CST I'm waiting on. Victory VAP V1 250's with (3) Flex Fletch Silent Knight 200's Helical. Firenock outserts (which average 30.92 grains instead of 33 as advertised), and I'm going to give Ulmer Edge 100's a try. They come with standard Bohning F nocks. If I hunt Oregon I would like to give Shuttle T's a try, but may just stick with my muzzy 100's cause I have plenty.

I think i am going with..
FMJ 300s with a 50 griain Firenock insert.. 100 grain exodus/VPA/Helix

supercub

FNG
Are you adding weight to the deep six up front? If so how are you doing it?

Love my injections but would really like to add some more weight up front.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the heck Easton wouldn't roll out a brass insert for the deep six format.

I used 20grains of #8 threaded rod behind my deep6 insert. I think #8 fine thread is 0.164" diameter.

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone using the Kinetics with HIT's ever had issues with the inserts pulling out? I did last year, but didn't know if it was my glue or what? But I remember when I built them thinking that the inserts felt too small when installing them.

amp713

WKR
This year I'll be tyring Deer Crossing Archery's SD (small diameter) Hunter Custom Selects! Will be running fusion 2.1's as usual (still deciding on colors for those), and will be sticking with Epek broadheads Im almost 99% sure. Will be trying outserts for the first time this year! Will be cutting to 27 1/2 so that ive got 28" arrows knock to field point. Hopin to post a lot of red fletch pictures here soon!!

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone using the Kinetics with HIT's ever had issues with the inserts pulling out? I did last year, but didn't know if it was my glue or what? But I remember when I built them thinking that the inserts felt too small when installing them.
You need to clean the inside of the shafts well with acetone and prep with a brass rifle brush first. I like to put the brush at the end of a drill. Then use the 24 hr epoxy that Easton sells for the HITs. If you do that, they will not move. I have very high KE and not had any issues with Kinetics and HITs even when shooting through 1" plywood. Another great insert option for the .204 shaft is the Firenock Aeroinsert. It comes in steel and 7075 aluminum.

Bughalli

WKR
VAP, 300's, the .001 straightness, Deep6 inserts (didn't care fore their outcerts), Blazers and Rage Hyperbolics. I don't recall the nock info

bbrown

WKR
For you guys shooting Kinetics... Have you had the pleasure of bending an outsert yet? I loved those arrows but it doesn't take much to render them useless. Their outsert design is horrible.
Yup in a damn 3-D target no less. Needless to say after the first "fluke" and a few more breaking I am no longer using those.

Axis 340, Flex Fletch Flash vanes (right helical), HIT inserts with 100gr Shuttle Ts.

Last edited:

supercub

FNG
VAP, 300's, the .001 straightness, Deep6 inserts (didn't care fore their outcerts), Blazers and Rage Hyperbolics. I don't recall the nock info

I've got the same shafts and inserts and have noticed that the ends of the shafts are starting to mushroom and splinter from target shooting. How are yours holding up?

Easton aluminum GameGetter 500 (black), 3x5" fl green feathers, fl green/lime snap nock, 125 gr Snuffer broadhead. Total weight around 500 grains.

Gold tip kinetic xt 300 shaft
Accu tuff insert 25 grains
Accu tuff nocks 11 grains
Silent night 3" fletchings. 6.8 grains apiece
VPA terminator 125 grain non vented head
Rokslide arrow wrap
Total arrow weight 482 grains. 11.24 foc

boom

WKR
gold tip velocity XT 300's. cut 28.5" from carbon to nock seat.
30 grains of added insert weight
100 grain heads. montecs, slick tricks, or grim reapers
6" white wraps
3" FFP vanes. the 360's i think
easton supernock.