What's your Whitetail snack of choice!

drose

FNG
Let's hear what your go to snack of choice while going through those short or long sits!
Healthy or not doesnt matter. Also when do you choose to start snacking
For me, I'm a sucker for a small bag of gummies or chocolate, paired with protein bar, peanuts/almonds.
I try and eat a little after the sun is up and try and hold off until around 12, then lunch, then snack right as I sit around 3

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I love a beautiful mess of candy and somewhat healthy option. Preferably last years deer as jerky or snack sticks paired with gummy worms or starburst. Haha. Always works great. Just enough to keep me from losing my mind. Ohhhh, and don’t forget the coffee! Big thermos. I generally wait until 9-10 to break out the coffee. A nice pick me up as the morning starts to fade. Then a few more cups every other hour or so. That stretches it to dark and helps take the edge off the cold. As for snacks, I eat a small handful every half hour or so. Just slowly picking small bits a time. Seems to keep me focused pretty well.

Drenalin

WKR
Bagel with salami and cheese, meat bars (like Epic), peanut or almond butter pouches, coffee. I hate the coffee thermos, so usually just carry that in a mug with a spill proof lid so I can drop it in my pack quickly. Usually won't eat until 11:00, or as I'm moving to a different location.

Jamo318

FNG
Oddly enough, i like something with a loud wrapper (like a fudge round) so when the hunting is slow I can challenge myself with getting it out and eating it quietly to pass time. Other than that I like jerky that offers a long chew to keep down on movement and If in a position that I’m not worried about the scent of spitting on the ground, sunflower seeds.

K

Kootenay Hunter

are you guys putting all those snacks in a ozonator vault first? :sneaky:

I'm old school.m I like hunks of meat (garlic sausage, kielbasa, etc.) cheese, and chocolate. Clif bars when I'm lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRoth82

WKR
I usually have a snack sized bag of sunflower seeds in my jacket pocket, that an Candy bar or a protein bar.

HunterZ

FNG
All of the above, my kids Halloween candy, bars... on a cold day all day sit I tried chicken noodle soup last weekend as Dudley mentioned. It helped warm the inside but was a little difficult to hold the cup, cap, thermos and pour.

bat-cave

WKR
Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite snack. I typically have a breakfast burrito or bagel for the AM and a sandwich for the afternoon. Coffee is a must-have .. especially when it was below zero last week!

LostArra

WKR
Apples and easy-to-peel oranges (Clementines?). I like to see what critter will eat the orange peel or apple core. Usually a 1.5 year old forky buck or a possum.

Peanut butter sandwiches made with ginger snaps
Cheese sticks
Jerky
Coffee

*zap*

WKR
I take a small hand cream jar filled with raw almond butter, tuna foil packs and a small plastic jar with plain yogurt and ground walnuts.