What’s you’re draw weight vs Age

*zap*

WKR
how much does draw weight matter with the newer compounds and their e-z draw cams? I never shot one so I do not know, my age is higher than my poundage.

how much does draw weight matter with the newer compounds and their e-z draw cams? I never shot one so I do not know, my age is higher than my poundage.

It doesn’t really but all else equal the higher your draw weight the heavier your arrow can be and still have relatively fast speeds.

A lot of killing combos can be had with speeds in 260 to 280 fps range. The lower your draw weight the more you have to carve off the arrow weight to keep your speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Shot a 3d today. Showed up way early. Shot 40 arrows from 50 to 80 yards, 3d, then Shot more. Bow dialed for mulies, now dial in to rifles for a 13k ca. Desert sheep hunt. Both open the same day. It's game on now. Lost 14 lbs. Already. Sheep hunt is brutal. Mulie hunt@7k will be easy.

GreggB

FNG
It doesn’t really but all else equal the higher your draw weight the heavier your arrow can be and still have relatively fast speeds.

A lot of killing combos can be had with speeds in 260 to 280 fps range. The lower your draw weight the more you have to carve off the arrow weight to keep your speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speed for me is unreachable unless I go to a stupidly light arrow.
27.5" @58lbs with a 445 grain arrow I achieve 245 fps. Thick woods whitetails and shots always under 25 years it hasn't been an issue. Guys just refuse to believe me but the last 4 out of 5 deer were pass throughs with Killzone, Rage and Trypan heads. The 5th deer was with a Black Hornet 4 blade last fall.. Didn't get a pass through on that one but deer died quickly. Arrow was stopped by the opposite shoulder. KE is 58 lbs. and momentum is 0.4778.