Wheeler FAT wrench - 1/2" socket

fwafwow

WKR
I have the FAT Wrench (not electric) and the 10 piece bit set that came with it. If you have one, what are you using for 1/2" cross bolts? I can't seem to find one on the Wheeler site, and they don't respond to inquiries. My normal socket and wrench set sockets also don't fit the Wheeler drive.

I use a 1/4" adapter to my 1/4 drive sockets. The adapter from wheeler was garbage, I bought one for impact wrenches at my local ace for <$5

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Isn't there a generic 1/4" adapter that it comes with to put any socket on?
Not one that fits my Craftsman 1/2" sockets.

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to think that the FAT Wrench is pretty basic. Should I just get the FAT Stix or Fix-It Sticks or something else? If any of you are using better equipment, what do you suggest? Note - as of now I'm not doing anything more than basic work on my gear - no removing barrels, etc.

Now down another gear rabbit hole.... :cool:

get this one if you have a 1/4" socket set:

or this one if you have sockets and don't know what size drive they are:

well, 10 in-lbs is the minimum on the scale for my fat wrench, and lessons learned from other torque wrenches is that if you unscrew them too far they lose calibration. It's also what the directions on mine say to do.

id_jon

WKR
I got one of these to keep with my gun tools, since 1/2" is about the only socket size I end up using much.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
well, 10 in-lbs is the minimum on the scale for my fat wrench, and lessons learned from other torque wrenches is that if you unscrew them too far they lose calibration. It's also what the directions on mine say to do.
I had the same initial question. ("why not zero?") - but (crazy idea) I also looked at the directions. My wrench doesn't show any number lower than 10, and the instructions say that the "red mark ... should be visible at the bottom of the scale below the 10 tic mark..." Good to know, as I had been storing mine so low that the red mark disappeared.

Of course you now have me wondering about my calibration....