When did the out lying impact automatically become the "pulled flyer"?

OP
J
I only have one kinda custom rifle. Shoots well. But you start Rockin' and Rollin' with a regular rifle that doesn't weigh 12 pounds all up, no muzzle break and an optic that weighs under 2 pounds, burning 68+ grains of powder...….into 3 rounds in .75" at 100.....and I am starting to chub up.

Looooooootttttta claims of .2s and .3s out there. Stacking 3 shots on top of each other into 1/4" is pretty impressive, even ONCE.

Was searching any performance vids on 103 ELD-X tonight as I just loaded and shot a few groups. And of course I ended up watching mouth breathers shooting 3" groups "but these two right here are really nice...I guess the other shot was just out there". Over and over and over again.

16Bore

WKR
A 20mph crosswind will move a .463 @ 3,100 1.2” at 100 yards.

If you need a flag for that, then good luck.

new2mud

FNG
I asked a similar question on another forum recently where I asked for honest explanation of what "shooting .2s and .3s" means to folks--off a mechanical rest? Sled? Bipod? 1 great group in the .2s against mostly .5-.6s before and after?

I was wanting honest answers and thankfully when you open it up to the transparency of the reality that 1) my rifle likely isn't a ".25 MOA all day" rig, and 2) I most certainly am not--you get a better sense of reality.

I truly wanted to understand, since I am developing a load for a new 6.5 PRC build, and doing all my load development testing off a bipod and rear bag--which allows me to introduce some shooter error into the equation. I did get a couple of .25-.30 MOA groups at 300 yards, of which I'm thrilled, but most were in the .5-.7 range. (And I wasn't not will I likely be able to do 0.25-0.30 MOA groups "all day" even with my accuracy node)