When do you eat your "big meal" of the day

intunegp

WKR
Dinner is the big meal for me. If I ate my big meal in the middle of the day I feel like I'd be sluggish and lazy for the afternoon hunt, not to mention out of the field to go back to camp. I'd rather prep/cook/do dishes when I can't hunt anyway.

rob86jeep

WKR
For me, it's not really a big deal either way. Rarely do I eat a big breakfast as it takes too much time when hunting, but at least either lunch or dinner will be a hot meal. If I can during lunch, great. If not, then dinner is a great time. More so depends on hunting style and less so on personal want. You just want to make sure you get in enough calories during the day to sustain your energy and the logistics of when you get them in is more so on personal preference than performance.

However, when backpack hunting, it's usually dinner. When basecamp hunting, it's probably usually lunch.

Breakfast/brunch after the morning hunt. Will usually have something light on the way out, whether it be some sort of granola bar, fruit, etc. Once back at camp we will do up a big breakfast; eggs, meat, potatoes, muffins, burritos, etc. Skip lunch or have a light snack before going out in the afternoon and then something light for dinner; maybe a small bowl of premade chili, spaghetti, etc.

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Big meal for the day is back at camp after dark. I eat plenty of other bars/snacks during the day, but I generally eat a good meal for supper.

chism717

FNG
I usually make a bunch of breakfast burritos prior to the season and then just warm them up before heading in for the day. Snack through the day and then a fairly light supper of fish or chicken and rice or beans etc

WCB

WKR
Depends.. I rarely come back to camp but if it ends up I come in early and have a bunch of time...chow down take a nap snack when I get back. If I get back to camp at a decent time in evening and have time I'll do it then. I

Rarely do I even have "big meals" a couple hot dogs and a bag of chips if truck camping. Otherwise I snack all day and honestly there are days I might have two beef sticks and a candy bar and be good to go. Never planned my trip or time around meals.

I am a big breakfast guy and have to eat within 10-15 minutes of waking up, so I make some breakfast burritos ahead of time and then warm them up before heading out for the day. Snack here and there throughout the day and then heat up some soup/chili or supper once back at camp.

orlandot

FNG
Dinner for sure a good meal puts me right to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Early season mid day, I hate eating heavy much after 7:30, later season with time change and shorter days I will eat after the hunt.

HobbitAK

FNG
Dinner but by the time I get back to camp I seem to want to go to bed more than go through the hassle of the meal

Hnthrdr

WKR
Dinner for sure. Just snacking… usually if it’s slow. If I’m into them I’ll find another time to eat haha