When Do You Leave?

I’m heading out Friday morning to start the season.

IMG_4326.png
Going to get lots of elk hunting in. We usually hunt around 20 days unless we both tag out.

Fridays and mondays are mostly driving, and hiking out to camp depending what time we’re able to leave on Friday mornings.

The weather is looking significantly cooler than normal with some clouds, and chances for showers. Can’t wait to get out there. Great elk hunting weather!

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
Leave for CO on 9/21 to hunt the last 9 days of the season.

I was just listening to you this am, on an older podcast, while I was climbing bleachers. Ended up having to miss the webinar Friday but I'll be diving into the replay this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Is there a link for the replay?

sjwfarms

Lil-Rokslider
Still over 2 months before heading out to MT. I'll be living through the results post for while.

I guess it's about time to start training?

Start driving out to Colorado from GA on Monday evening the 11th. Arrive Tuesday night. Ride in with outfitter for a day helping him out on Wednesday. Return to a cabin for the night. He packs me in on Thursday the 14th. Packs me out on the 25th.

Scoot

WKR
My buddies leave on the 13th. I have a wedding on the 16th and fly out at 5:00 AM on the 17th to meet up with them. Best I could do, given the circumstances.

Gerbdog

WKR
My buddies leave on the 13th. I have a wedding on the 16th and fly out at 5:00 AM on the 17th to meet up with them. Best I could do, given the circumstances.
I feel you, next year i'll have weddings to attend in September.... i just dont know why my friends / family dislike me so much.... i thought the whole world paused for September elk season..... haha

Scoot

WKR
I feel you, next year i'll have weddings to attend in September.... i just dont know why my friends / family dislike me so much.... i thought the whole world paused for September elk season..... haha
This one is my nephew, who isn't an elk hunter. There may come a day when he seriously regrets getting married in the best month of the year though!

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Heading out Saturday morning for a few days of fly fishing before CO muzzy season. I need to acclimate to elevations since I'm coming from 600' and my hunting partner is tied up until Wednesday. Fishing N CO and S WY for a few days.

Good luck everyone and be safe.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I am leaving western Oregon for Montana Wednesday AM hunting solo with both a deer and elk tag. Spend one night sleeping under the stars and get to my Montana camp spot Thursday afternoon. I have the entire season, both archery and rifle, so I can hunt until late November if it takes that long.

I take my bird dog to keep me company and mix it up with hunts for forest grouse, sharptail, sage grouse, huns and pheasants.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
Leaving on 9-16 and have to be back before 9-24, but better than nothing.

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
October 20th to Colorado, 24 hrs drive. Hopefully this will give us few days to acclimatize and scout for Mulie + ELK, excitement is causing me insomnia already.
Good luck everyone

UtahJimmy

WKR
Already been hunting in Utah but leaving at 330p today for the first 4 days of WY opener. Then headed back the 15-24. 4 tag holders, hoping we don't need to go back with our rifles 🦵🏻💪🏻🦵🏻💪🏻

Nwihunter

FNG
Hitting the road on 10/9 for a two day drive from northwest Indiana to New Mexico. I will get 3 days of scouting in leading up to my 5 day rifle hunt. The plan is to get a bull down quick, get home and process the meat, get the skull cleaned up, load up the truck and drive to South Dakota for a 3 day pheasant hunt. It’s going to be an epic 2 week adventure.

Rimrocks

FNG
Leaving the 10th headed to Arizona. unit 10. Its been a long wait, will be hunting the entire season if needed.