When Do You See Bears Most Often

Bear Sightings-Time of Day

• Total voters

TGLBRH

Lil-Rokslider
During archery season (Aug/Sept) I see them all day long but more frequently in the morning and evening hours. Rifle season I find them harder to locate as food sources change the later the season goes.

22lr

WKR
I tend to see them moving more mid day, but that may also be because thats when im more active and moving around.

ozyclint

WKR
the few times i've hunted them being in BC in the spring working in a bear camp and Alberta in the fall where i got to hunt them myself it was a late afternoon into the evening affair. much more activity then.

gentlemen's hours- sleep in, cook breakfast, go fishing, have nap, go hunt bears.

Wrench

WKR
I've killed more in the late morning / mid day....but I see more in the later day, likely because of the amount of glassing done by then.

Morning bears per hr vs late afternoon and evening where I hunt in BC is 5 to 1 in favor of late afternoon/evening. Mid-day is predominantly small bears with an occasional exception.

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
I have glassed up bears in all times of the day, but mostly definitely see more activity in the last magical hours of the evening, 6pm to dark.

MTForester

Lil-Rokslider
In the spring 80-90% of the bears I see are in the last 2 hours of daylight. In the fall I see them throughout the day.